Micaela
Just Said Yes August 2018

Honeymoon in the United States.

Micaela, on February 1, 2018 at 12:33 AM

Posted in Honeymoon 26

My fiancé and I want to go somewhere in the United States. Any ideas on destinations?
My fiancé and I want to go somewhere in the United States. Any ideas on destinations?

26 Comments

• Allison
    Expert October 2018
    Allison ·
    It depends on what you want. I live in Virginia. You could spend time visiting DC, Arlington and then head to Shenandoah for a mountain cabin retreat! I'd recommend this April though October. Or come to visit me at the beach!

Or you could go to Florida for the emerald coast, white sand and warm weather.

You could go to Vermont, for skiing, cheese and mountain trails.

New York to visit the city and Broadway.

That's just the eastern shore.
  • kala&isha
    Dedicated November 2019
    kala&isha ·
    View Quoted Comment
    You’ve been such an amazing help !! Like seriously and thank you so much for that I’m going to check those hotels out now !
  • Mrs. Cohen
    Super October 2018
    Mrs. Cohen ·
    View Quoted Comment
    No problem If there’s anything else I can suggest, like restaurants, points of interest, unique bars, etc. just let me know!
  • kala&isha
    Dedicated November 2019
    kala&isha ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Okay question , our honeymoon is early November next year does that make a difference ?

Im leaning towards Santa Monica definitely not Hollywood area . Also, what about wine country is it at all worth it ?
  • B
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Brooke ·
    View Quoted Comment

This actually sounds like an amazing honeymoon! Have so much fun!

• Mrs. Cohen
    Super October 2018
    Mrs. Cohen ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Kala

November is still a great time to come to LA. The weather is still really nice (we’ve spent many Thanskgivings in shorts, shirts and flip-flops haha). It can get a little chillier in the evenings, but a sweater and some long jeans should do just fine. If you go to Santa Monica, it will be much less crowded and more quiet in November, which will make it a little more relaxing and romantic (in my opinion).

Wine Country (Sonoma & Napa) are world famous for their amazing wines, but that’s literally all there is to do up there, is drink wine. Plus that will be over a 7 hour drive from LA. If you want some wine that is arguably as great as wine found up north, then I would suggest spending a few days in San Luis Obispo (it’s where I’ve been living the past 2 years and is about a 3 hour drive north of LA, so much closer than Napa & Sonoma). The wine scene in Paso Robles & Edna is huge (my favorite is Wolff Vineyards in Edna; which is a 5 min drive from San Luis Obispo). Plus, coming to this area, you’ll not only have plenty of fantastic wine to try, but there are other things to do that would make a few days here memorable and worth while. If you decide to add this to your trip, I have tons of suggestions for things to do and see, and restaurants with terrific food.

Comment on this discussion