Gabriela
Dedicated October 2019

Honeymoon Ideas in October!

Gabriela, on March 14, 2019 at 7:25 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 10
Saved Save
Help! I’m getting married October 5th, and my fiancé and I still have no clue as to where to go on our honeymoon! Neither one of us has traveled a lot, so we’re pretty open to anywhere. We would love to go to a beach, but my concern is that October is in the middle of hurricane season. I also want to ensure that we’re going somewhere safe. We would rather not spend more than 12 hrs on a plane. We’d like to keep the budget between $3k-$4k total, and are wanting to do 7-9 days (this includes 2 travel days). Please let me know of any places you guys have been, especially around October, and how the experience was ! Thanks in advance!

10 Comments

• Kelci
    Super June 2019
    Kelci ·
    • Flag
    We are traveling to Jamaica in September for under $3k for 7 nights. We wanted beach and relaxation.
  • N
    Beginner October 2019
    Nette ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married October 12th and we are going to sandals Jamaica montego bay. I have been thinking about hurricane season to but my travel agent said they will keep us updated about the weather but I'm still nervous about it
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hey Gabriela! My friend's parents always go to Cabo in the October-November time frame because it's outside of the hurricane belt! Depending on where you are in the U.S, it wouldn't be longer than a 12 hour flight! I'll attach the honeymoon guide for it below!

Cabo Honeymoon Guide

• Traviz
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Traviz ·
    • Flag
    Cancun!!! So beautiful and so much to do. There’s all inclusive which is the best. Me and my fiancé paid $3k round trip flight, both all inclusive, expenses and hotel
  • Loren
    Devoted October 2020
    Loren ·
    • Flag
    We are going to San Francisco after our October wedding next year. We will split the time between SF sand Monterey bay.
  • Rebecca
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We are planning a trip to Grenada in September for our honeymoon because it is unlikely to be hit by a hurricane since its so far south in the Caribbean. The upside to going during this time is that there are really good deals on hotels! Make sure you get travel insurance if you go anywhere in the Caribbean just in case though, it would suck to be out a few thousand just because of weather.

• Alexandra
    Super December 2018
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

We went to a Sandals resort (Antigua) and LOVED IT!!!! We are actually going to another resort this August. All inclusive and in your budget...

• Andrea
    Dedicated October 2019
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is Oct. 12th and our honey mood is booked for the Dominican Republic. Given that is is during Hurricane season, there are a few concerns but overall it just depends on location. Some places are more prime spots for hurricanes.
  • Laura
    Devoted January 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    What about a cruise?
    also international flights are usually cheaper around that time of year.
  • Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

I would suggest looking into Mexico or Aruba (outside of the hurricane belt).

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics