kaylarae
Master April 2015

Honeymoon excitement! Where are y'all going?

kaylarae, on August 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 60
Saved Save

LETS TALK HONEYMOONS!

My aunt is a travel agent so she has given us like 50 lbs of travel company magazines so that we can start deciding on a destination for out honeymoon! I love traveling & I love beaches so I'm super excited.

Originally we were thinking Bahamas or Jamaica but recently I've fallen in love with Riviera Maya (and the price is incredible!!) so we're leaning towards Mexico with Bahamas or Jamaica for a 1st anniversary trip.

Where are y'all going? Are you leaving right after? Was your decision hard or super easy? What are you looking forward to most about your destination?

60 Comments

• jenna_
    Master March 2015
    jenna_ ·

We finally decided!!! ... kind of. haha. we know we are going to the maldives, but we are also going to stay a night or two nights in the major city we are going to fly out of to the maldives. but we haven't decided what city that is going to be yet... FH was thinking bangkok. idk. we are halfway there on a decision. haha. honestly, the decision probably won't be made until we start booking our flights and see what works best.

oh, and we are going to go in july, we think. so it won't be right after our wedding. we want to be able to save some good spending money and march isn't the best time to visit. so yeah.

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·

Nassau, Bahamas! Just paid it off in full last week. Lessssssgo!

• SarahJ
    Expert October 2014
    SarahJ ·

We are not going on ours until April but we are going to Italy! We will start to plan more after the wedding

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

Cruising to the Bahamas!!!! I can't wait to sit back on the deck with a drink in my hand and relax!!!

• RH
    Master November 2014
    RH ·

Dreams Resort & Spa in Punta Cana!! We are leaving the morning after the wedding and will be there for 6 nights So excited!!

• Mrs.Temme
    VIP September 2014
    Mrs.Temme ·

We're going to Lagos, Portugal! We'll leave Monday morning after a Saturday wedding and stay for a week. I'm excited that its a place we most likely won't go again and other people don't normally go so it will be special for us as our honeymoon memory. Plus it has beaches and the historic coastal town to explore

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·

Greece and Malta! No booking yet, but we've talked about it tirelessly and will be doing that in January

• Kristine
    Super October 2014
    Kristine ·

FH just started at this dealership and I sing during our wedding time. So, right after the wedding we're going to take a long weekend in Disney World to get away from the family. Next summer, after choir season and when Frado gets his vacation time, we're taking a cruise to South America(!!!) We're still trying to figure out which exact cruise/embarkations we're going to take, FH is from Colombia and wants to go to Cartagena to visit family where I want to have our honeymoon to ourselves - I'm stoked about visiting a continent I've never explored!

• Snarky
    Master September 2014
    Snarky ·

After buying our house there was no room left in the budget for a big trip so we are driving the 6 hours to the Outer Banks in NC to stay for a week

• Shamika
    VIP August 2014
    Shamika ·

We got married on Saturday and leave for our honeymoon on labor day (Monday Sept 1st). We are staying at the Majestic Elegance - Adults only part of the resort for 6 days and 5 night. This would be both of our first time staying in an all-inclusive resort and also going to Punta Cana, DR... It was important to us to have nice beaches, pools, lovely suite w/ jacuzzi in the room, huge shower in the bedroom.. We aren't into doing excursions, so the quality of the hotel was important to us since we won't be leaving it.

Lots of ppl recommended DR... A lot of ppl also said Aruba is a great place to vacation at & u do not have to do all inclusive there (heard it's actually better not to do all inclusive in Aruba).

We loved the idea of not having to pay for anything once we got to the resort.

• Genny
    Master May 2015
    Genny ·

We're not going to have our big one until about 4 months after the wedding but we are going to England! I am so excited. Plus we have a friend that is going to school there and isn't going to make it to the wedding, so we'll be able to see him. Right after the wedding we are thinking about going to FL for a couple of days. We're in GA so it isn't a long trip.

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·

We're going to Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico for 10 days and Disney World for 3 days.

• *Mrs_D*
    Master October 2014
    *Mrs_D* ·

We are taking a 2 week trip to Europe! Flying into London and spending 4 days there (one of those 4 days will be a day trip to Paris). Hopping on a plane to Dublin, and spending 2 days there. Renting a car in Dublin and driving to Doolin (just south of Galway) for a night so we can visit the cliffs of Moher. Then driving up to Galway for the rest of our trip and staying in the most fabulous B&B there- right on Galway Bay. AHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!

• Soon2bMrs.Edwards
    Dedicated June 2015
    Soon2bMrs.Edwards ·

As of right now, our honeymoon destination is PUERTO RICO!!

• Ashley
    VIP April 2015
    Ashley ·

Oooo I love honeymoon talk - I'm more excited about our honeymoon than I am the wedding!

2 weeks on new zealand and 1 week in Fiji - we're going Freedom camping in NZ and then an all inclusive resort in FIji - can't wait!

• Angie
    VIP August 2015
    Angie ·

We are on the fence, but so far we are thinking New York City... we have never been there and we wanted to go. We go to NC every year, we went twice this year, both times with my FMIL.. ughhh! I'm more excited to get away from my fmil than anything else! But I'm sure my f/w will be on the phone with her 4 times a day, even on our honeymoon!... ugh

• MRS. Gilboe EST 10/4/14
    Devoted October 2014
    MRS. Gilboe EST 10/4/14 ·

We are leaving Monday 10/6 for Cancun. We will be there 8 days 7 nights SOoooo excited!!!!!

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

Going to Atlantis in the Bahamas! 24 more days! I can't wait!!

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

We're doing Riviera Maya -- actually staying up on the outskirts of Cancun but planning to spend a lot of time further south in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Tulum, etc.

I've been twice and it really is AMAZING. If you decide to go, you'll have such a great time! So many awesome hotels and you're right, you can do the trip pretty inexpensively as well. My only recommendation is that if you're not super party people, don't stay right in downtown Cancun. You get all the "spring breaker" type crowds. There is the laguna side (far east side) of Cancun (where we are staying) that is the nicer hotels and away from the party scene, or any further south along the coast are amazing. But if that's the scene you like, then it's definitely fun!

• Kimberly N
    Super May 2014
    Kimberly N ·

We're going to Maui for 10 days next month!! I've been pretty excited from the beginning and just recently I've noticed how much more excited Hubby is getting, which makes me happy!!

Comment on this discussion