Laura
Dedicated October 2020

Honeymoon decided before venue

Laura, on July 13, 2018 at 6:46 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 14
Saved Save

So my FH and I already have our honeymoon picked out before we even have a venue and a date set. We are heading to Ireland!!!! Anyone been there and have any advice? Places not to miss, packing advice, etc. We more than likely will be going sometime in October or November.

14 Comments

• S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sondra ·
    • Flag
    We want to go to Ireland too!!!
    Going to have to wait for financial reasons though.
    Following for advice as well...
  • Chris
    Master February 2022
    Chris ·
    • Flag

YES! First of all, excellent choice! Second, I'm so jealous!

I went a few years ago and did a genealogy tour around the country and managed to track down some (really) distant relatives! Anyway- Dublin, Galway, Dingle, and Cork were my favorites. I regret not getting to the Cliffs of Moher, but I've heard it's expensive and you can't really get that close anyway.

Going way back in my files here, but here are some pics from my trip! Hope you get inspired! Let me know if you have any questions- anytime. Ireland is the #1 country I would love to visit again. The people are just plain nice!

County WicklowHoneymoon decided before venue 1Just up the road from DingleHoneymoon decided before venue 2Connor PassHoneymoon decided before venue 3Not sure, just prettyHoneymoon decided before venue 4County WicklowHoneymoon decided before venue 5

I'm so excited for you! Sorry I don't have more pictures of the towns I saw. Definitely hit as many castles as you can- they're incredible!

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    That's exciting! We just went in April and I have to admit I found a lot of the trip disappointing while the other half was AMAZING. We loved Killarney, Dingle, and Clare (Cliffs of Moher). We really didn't like Dublin or Kilkenny and Galway was okay (good for live music/nightlife but eh during the day).

Favorite places were Killarney National Park and the city of Killarney, Slea Head Drive and Connor Pass drives in Dingle, Cliffs of Moher in Clare, and Jameson and Guiness in Dublin!

Honeymoon decided before venue 6

Honeymoon decided before venue 7

Honeymoon decided before venue 8

Honeymoon decided before venue 9
  • Kate
    Dedicated August 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    Allocate more time to the south and West Coast, for sure!! Stay for live music wherever you are. Although we did love Kilmainham Goal and a Guinness in the Storehouse rooftop in dublin.

if you get the opportunity to go Ron skellig michael, do it. It is a rare opportunity people get to do because it is a boat ride that they can only do when the weather is safe to do so. It’s a religious experience!!!

I went with my mom and we stayed at sweet BnBs and then loved it up at a castle (Loughe Eske) in Donegal towards the end. It was awesome.

We took the recent Rick Steve’s book. I will only use his book when in Europe!

Have a a wonderful trip celebrating... Slainte!
  • Kelli
    Expert August 2018
    Kelli ·
    • Flag
    I spent a few days in shannon when I was in the Army and we had issues with the military plane on our way to Kuwait. It was so incredible. Definitely make sure to check out the view as you fly over if it's during the day. I've never seen anything more beautiful!
  • Wynnie
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Wynnie ·
    • Flag
    Cliffs of moher is a must! Dublin is great. There are a lot of great castles. For a castle with beautiful aesthetics see malahide castle. Galway and Dublin are awesome. Trinity college is also great.
  • Suzanne
    Devoted November 2018
    Suzanne ·
    • Flag
    This made me laugh! Good for you for ensuring the best part got booked first! Have a wonderful time on your honeymoon.
  • K
    Beginner May 2018
    Keyra ·
    • Flag

To Ireland in November you should ready at allover 100%. Cause I think, that it will be very cold at the same time. Yea, it will be fantastic tripSmiley tongue but remember about your health))

• Laura
    Dedicated October 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We live at a cold climate already and honestly Ireland is better so we are good to go health wise, but thank you for your concern 😁 it is appreciated.
  • Kelly
    Dedicated August 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

If you're interested in something where you don't have to drive too much or want most things taken care of for you, I would suggest using the agency My Ireland Tours. They have a lot of nice packages and itineraries that cover the best places. We will most likely be using them when we visit Ireland in a couple years. They've got great reviews and a small, family owned company so it's a much more personal experience!

• K
    Expert September 2020
    Ka-Rina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I feel the love for Ireland. Best trip of all times! BUT cliffs of Moher are free and you can walk right along the cliff so definitely do it next time! We parked close to the visitor center and as you walk towards the cliffs they kind of make you go in the center to pay "admission" donation of some sort. 4 euros so not bad. Well after we left, we met someone who is a guide and lives in those areas he said they are basically cheating people for those 4 euros and cliffs are free any day and every day. Which i actually didnt mind paying because it helps preserve the area and its truly a something unbelievable

oh and we walked all the way down and back which took us about 5 hours... if anyone goes i recommend to NOT do it unless you are used to hiking lol i thought i was going to die!

• K
    Expert September 2020
    Ka-Rina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

100% agree West Coast and South were amazing. Dublin was a waste (except for the Guiness factory) and Cork was okay but nothing in comparison to the West Coast

• K
    Expert September 2020
    Ka-Rina ·
    • Flag

Oh Ireland.. I seriously cannot even begin to describe how amazing that country is. Nature and people (and beer) make it an unforgettable experience. That time of year you will likely be freezing and might see a lot of rain but it will not take away from the trip.

and recommendations would depend on what you guys like to do?

• Chris
    Master February 2022
    Chris ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So good to know! Thank you! Smiley heart

Now I really have to go back! Smiley winking

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics