Hannah
Dedicated June 2018

Hobby Lobby is Closing!?

Hannah, on July 16, 2017 at 11:52 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 51

Time to get stuff for DIY projects! I am waiting for the DIY stuff to go on sale! Are y'all planning to jump on it with the closing? How much do y'all know about it?

Time to get stuff for DIY projects! I am waiting for the DIY stuff to go on sale!

Are y'all planning to jump on it with the closing? How much do y'all know about it?

51 Comments

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·

Hobby Lobby is so "religious" that it can't cover contraceptives based on a belief (contrary to science) that they cause abortions--but didn't have a religious problem with illegal smuggling of artifacts looted from archeological sites? I only wish they were closing.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/05/us/hobby-lobby-ancient-artifacts-trnd/index.html

• Celia Milton
    October 2019
    Celia Milton ·

Everything 2d said. And more.

Go to Michaels.

• PrettyWitty&Gay
    VIP October 2017
    PrettyWitty&Gay ·

Jesus fucking Christ. Hobby Lobby gave money to organizations that fought against marriage equality. It's that simple. Hobby Lobby does not want me and my partner to be able to get married. I don't care if you've worked there and that you have a token gay friend who didn't experience discrimination in that one specific store. But sorry to tell you, that she was working for an organization that was funding the fight against her right to get married. Because of homophobia. They're homophobic. That does not mean everyone that works there is, but it does mean that the people who own Hobby Lobby, and the corporation as a single entity operate with homophobic values and anti-gay intentions. Don't come at me with this Hobby Lobby is fine and dandy bullshit.

• PrettyWitty&Gay
    VIP October 2017
    PrettyWitty&Gay ·

And, those 4 forms of contraception are not just little exceptions to be passed over. Those are 4 examples of Hobby Lobby actively fighting against women's healthcare and reproductive rights. Also those contraceptives don't terminate life. That is not a thing contraceptives do.

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·

I also find it ridiculous that they're so Christian they're against certain types of birth control that they claim might cause abortions yet are totally fine with purchasing items from China, with its forced abortion and sterilization human rights issues. It just reeks of religiosity being used as an excuse when it saves the company money.

• PrettyWitty&Gay
    VIP October 2017
    PrettyWitty&Gay ·

^^ whoop there is is

• Celia Milton
    October 2019
    Celia Milton ·

There is no more valid defense of HL than there is of Chik-fil-A.

• A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·

PWG, Celia, and all of y'all, I'm glad I'm not the only one... I was like "fuck yes Hobby Lobby can close and go straight to hell" and then it's a hoax...

I cannot stand their hypocrisy and abuse of Christianity.

• jnicollea
    Devoted August 2018
    jnicollea ·

If you read that full article that you posted there is an update at the end that says that the information is false. They are opening a few new stores in my area too!

• R
    Just Said Yes April 2018
    Riley ·

I work there. We aren't closing

• Heather
    VIP September 2017
    Heather ·

Hobby lobby is closing what the hello?

Comment on this discussion