Debbie
Expert May 2014

Hi, I'm new here

Debbie, on October 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Posted in Community Conversations 25

I've been lurking for a few weeks and since you all seem so nice, I decided to go public. My FH and I have been together since 1991, have been living together since 1996. I am 56, he's 52. I have a 32 yo daughter and 29 yo son. We have 3 grandkids. This is my second marriage, his first. Life in...

I've been lurking for a few weeks and since you all seem so nice, I decided to go public. My FH and I have been together since 1991, have been living together since 1996. I am 56, he's 52. I have a 32 yo daughter and 29 yo son. We have 3 grandkids. This is my second marriage, his first. Life in general and other specific things delayed us getting married, but now we've taken the plunge. It's exciting and frustrating planning the wedding but I am happy to be getting married.

I have my dress, bm dresses, venue, band, officiant, photographer and std/invitations/thank you's all purchased/booked. My sister is my MOH, my daughter a bridesmaid. FH brother is BM, my son is groomsman.

The thing that is frustrating is the decorations for the venue. They're not supplied so I'm debating centerpieces constantly. I know I have time so it will work out.

Sorry for the length of this. Thanks for reading.

25 Comments

• TaroLovesMe
    VIP November 2013
    TaroLovesMe ·
    • Flag

Congrats & Welcome to WW!

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·
    • Flag

Hi, Debbie! Welcome Smiley smile

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

Welcome and congrats!

• ❤Skittles❤
    VIP December 2016
    ❤Skittles❤ ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW! Happy planning, dear. ❤️

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW Debbie! Congratulations on such a long and wonderful life with FH. I'm so glad you are finally able to have the wedding you want :-)

And Tina was right...good thing you changed your avatar before I got to you ;-)

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics