D
Just Said Yes November 2019

Help with Bridesmaid Dresses & Colors

Devin, on December 5, 2018 at 11:39 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved Save

I just said Yes to the Dress! I love it but unfortunately it's a completely different style than I had planned. I was thinking I would pick something very bohemian and then have my bridesmaids wear very flowy dressed (maybe from Lulus).

Now that I have picked a dress that is a little more classic/elegant I'm not sure where to do. The wedding is in Vermont in the fall at an Inn. We have not picked colors yet and my finance is going to wear a blue tux with black lapels. Thanks for any help on colors and dresses !

My DressHelp with Bridesmaid Dresses & Colors 1

6 Comments

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi Devin! Welcome to WeddingWire! Your dress is beautiful! I love the neckline and beading! As for your bridesmaids, I think that a satin, chiffon, or silk dress would look beautiful with your gown! Since you are getting married in November, some of my favorite fall colors are navy, burgundy, red, and hunter green! Here are a few photos for inspiration:

Help with Bridesmaid Dresses & Colors 2

You could even do a variety of dress patterns, colors, and styles:

Help with Bridesmaid Dresses & Colors 3

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

Congrats on choosing a dress!

Might I suggest looking at Azazie and David's Bridal first, and seeing if any "traditional" bridesmaids dresses strike your fancy? You can also request swatches of the colors from both to compare, get an idea of fabrics, and shades. Doing some research on your options might be a good place to start.

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

That dress is stunning!

• PurdyAikey
    Super January 2019
    PurdyAikey ·
    • Flag

I would personally go with a more structured fabric like satin and long with that dress because it will look more elegant and match the style of your dress!

This is my bridesmaid dress, and it looks great on all their sizes and IT HAS POCKS (very similar to the first suggestion from Sam): https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_satin-tank-long-ball-gown-f15741_all-bridesmaid-dresses

I would go to the sites suggested and look at Satin and Long in the filters and see if anything catches your eye!

• FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Totally agree!

My dress is more structured/ also a mermaid shape and so I scrapped the chiffon for my BMs and chose Katie May (which is jersey fabric). Her dresses are available at BHLDN, Nordstrom, and I think bloomindales. Most of my girls bought theirs secondhand from poshmark for $40-$100 (instead of the $295 at the other stores). They have a similar shape to your dress is you like that and a pretty bordeaux that could be nice for fall:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/c/bridesmaid-dresses/katie-may~13161

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/katie-may-legacy-crepe-body-con-gown/4604270

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag

First, that dress is beautiful! I think satin would look really nice on your bridesmaids. As for the color, burgundy would probably look pretty on your ladies especially in the fall.

Comment on this discussion