Master September 2014

Help please, I need a new vision

*Rigby*, on May 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM Posted in Planning 0 58
Saved Save

All right WW peeps. The verdict is in.....the kitchen repairs (we found mold as posted in previous posts) will be approx 8K, we were looking @ a wedding budget of approx 8K. Can you see where this is headed? lol

So far the only two things paid in full are my wedding dress and our honeymoon in Sept. Hence we need to "elope" before then. Anyone have any fun, cheap elopement ideas?? We are thinking of maybe finding a beach, finding a sunset and telling close friends and family to meet us there if they can. We live in SoCal and can go in any direction. We are close to beaches, close to the mountains, and close to wine country. My photographer is my BFF from college and is willing to go anywhere to take pics for us anytime and we have our officiant on board for what ever as well.

All in all I won't be getting the wedding I have been planning for the past 6 months but I will end up married and I would like to come up with something fun and different if possible.

58 Comments

• MichiganBride104
    VIP October 2014
    MichiganBride104 ·

I vote mountains!!! Sorry to hear girl! I'm sure that had to be heartbreaking, but you're still going to be married and live happily ever after!

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

I say a beach wedding or a cliffside if you have one close. Have your friends and family meet you there. Do it on the same date that you have planned already. You can still have a beautiful wedding without the giant cost.

• OregonEmily
    Master August 2014
    OregonEmily ·

Sorry to hear you have to scrap a lot of the hard work you've done! But you can still do a lot with $8,000! The hippy in me votes for a barefoot wedding in the mountains!

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

I love your hippie side OregonEmily it speaks to me lol

• Mrs. V V
    Master June 2014
    Mrs. V V ·

You could do Vegas. I'm getting married (just ceremony) at treasure island and it's going to be about $550 including our license. But that wasn't even the least expensive I found.

But the beach was my second choice. Good luck!!

• Donna
    Master June 2014
    Donna ·

I think a sunset wedding on the beach would be very romantic, and the costs could be minimal. Nature will provide your decorations, and most of your guests could stand for a short simple ceremony. I do not know CA, but are there fairly secluded public beaches that could be used for free? Maybe you could host a barbecue for the people who attend the wedding.

I am sorry that your plans had to be put aside. It must be difficult. You do sound very positive, however, and I hope things go better from now on.

• AmandaMarie
    Super July 2015
    AmandaMarie ·

I second DisneyNut's Cliffside idea! Photos would be phenomenal. I'm sorry it came down to changing your vision, but at least you still get married in the end!

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

@Future Mrs.V V Vegas is out as he did that with his ex lol.

We originally were thinking barefoot on the beach at sunset...idk I feel like I am completely starting over, ugh

• Kate
    Master May 2012
    Kate ·

I would say go for outdoor sunset location--that's what I would be doing if it was warm enough (October in PA? nope...). You won't need any decorations for things to look beautiful. And I love the idea of just telling people when and where and allowing them to show up if they want to. Sorry you are having to change your plans, but it sounds like you still have lots of options for things that will be beautiful.

• Tiffany
    Super October 2014
    Tiffany ·

So many good choices i would say beach but i dont know what would fit better with your dress. Sorry about the mold but sounds like your not letting it get you down

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·

Stupid mold! wine country wedding sounds beautiful.... mountains....sunset, yup

• M
    Master August 2014
    Miss S. ·

I would do something in a garden (botanical garden) or something like that.

• Finally Mrs. Crowell
    Super March 2015
    Finally Mrs. Crowell ·

It totally depends on your preference, but my parents had the most beautiful wedding in Idyllwild back in the day! Good luck, we're rooting for you!

• Mrs. V V
    Master June 2014
    Mrs. V V ·

Sorry, def NO VEGAS!!!

Beach at sunset would make for some amazing pics!!

• FutureMrsForbes
    Super August 2014
    FutureMrsForbes ·

I'll vote beach at sunset At least you still get your honeymoon!!!! Which is great! My sister and her husband at a "pop up" wedding at the beach and we just went out for dinner and drinks afterwards, with a handful of people. It will still be a great memory even though it is not your dream wedding!

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

I have to stay positive so I don't have a massive snotty, crying mascara down my face melt down. I can still wear my dress and still go on my honeymoon so those are the positives. AND I get a brand new kitchen

• Lisa G.I'm a Mrs. now!
    Expert June 2014
    Lisa G.I'm a Mrs. now! ·

I say beach as well. That's where I'd love to get married, if only there were an ocean and beach in Ohio! LOL Bright side of it is you get your kitchen redone AND get to be married!

• Carrie
    Super September 2014
    Carrie ·

Sorry to hear the verdict on the mold. At least you still get to marry your man and come home to a safe and welcoming home :-)

Your location offers so many great options! I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones you mentioned.

I hear people all the time on here wishing they could chuck their complicated plans and go with something more simple (and I admit I sometimes find myself in that camp). Maybe embrace and enjoy a simpler plan that can be just as meaningful and beautiful :-)

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

Honestly I'd rather have a new kitchen than a big wedding. LOL Kitchen will last a lot longer than the party.

• Me and Mr. B
    VIP August 2014
    Me and Mr. B ·

Beach at sunset would be my vote and of course barefoot! AND your brand new kitchen will be worth it in my opinion. I know it's not how you wanted it to go of course but think of it as your wedding present to each other and you get to make memories everyday in your new kitchen, as a couple, as a family.

Comment on this discussion