Brae
VIP September 2019

Help me with my wedding band please!

Brae, on March 29, 2019 at 1:53 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 45
Saved Save
Okay so my ring sits flush on my hand so I need a curved band. It has to be a deep curve, so we're going to design something with the jeweler. Im debating between customizing with a top and bottom band or just doing bottom. Do you like my ideas? Do you think they'd look good? Do you have suggestions? Thanks for the help!

First two pics are of my ring and the rest are some ideas.

Help me with my wedding band please! 1

Help me with my wedding band please! 2

Help me with my wedding band please! 3

Help me with my wedding band please! 4

Help me with my wedding band please! 5

Help me with my wedding band please! 6

Help me with my wedding band please! 7

45 Comments

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I like all of the above!! Smiley xd That second inspo pic is to die for though! Smiley love

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank youu! I guess I just need reassurance. I love the second one too. And you think it won't be too much with both the top and bottom?
  • Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

I tried to find something that already had a halo like your ring - I think something like the first idea you posted would look beautiful!

I also really like the second idea where it curves around your main stone on the bottom. I think you are totally fine to do just one band now since your ring isn't symmetrical anyways! Leaves room for a special anniversary band down the road. Smiley smile

pear_cut_opal_ring_and_curved_diamond_we

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oooh. I like this. I was also considering possibly getting the top part a few years down the road.
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I don't think it will be. To me, if you didn't do the top then the bottom would end up having more than enough while the top would be an empty point.

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a good point. Like lopsided.
  • Lc
    Super September 2018
    Lc ·
    • Flag
    I love the inspo pics but I agree with pp about it not looking the same because yours has a halo. Personally, I do think both top and bottom will be a lot. BUT I am a very minimalistic type of person. I’m not really into gaudy jewelry so it’s probably just me.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yess. That's what makes me nervous because I can't see it before it's made. Here are some with halo. What do you think about these? I'd probably change them a bit, but as an idea. Also, my ring has a floating halo, which I cant find any examples with it

Help me with my wedding band please! 8

Help me with my wedding band please! 9

Help me with my wedding band please! 10
  • Lc
    Super September 2018
    Lc ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahaha it’s your ring, girl! You’re the one who has to love it! But to answer your question I love the second one. And honestly the first one isn’t bad either, it’s just not for me lol.
  • Caryscia
    Savvy November 2020
    Caryscia ·
    • Flag
    It'll be fine. Have you looked at Anna Sheffield or Alexis Russell? They have similar styles for inspiration. I actually had my ring custom made by a jeweler that is similar to what you're looking to do.

Help me with my wedding band please! 11

Help me with my wedding band please! 12
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol. I know! I just worry about it coming together. I absolutely love my ring, but the base sitting flush is making it soo difficult lol.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have not! I will definitely check them out. I love your set. Thank you!
  • T
    Devoted May 2010
    Theresa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I really like the last one pictured. It has just the right balance!

• Elyssa
    Dedicated October 2020
    Elyssa ·
    • Flag
    The one Maria posted is 🔥, I vote for something like that. But it's what you love most! And if you're not sure if you want the top and the bottom, I'd say start with one and then see how you feel. You can always add to it later!
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. Its definitely the most simple route. I just wish I could try them on! Lol.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah! That one is super pretty. And that's true. I might hold off.
  • Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·
    • Flag

Help me with my wedding band please! 13OMG seriously this to all of these!!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol. Really? You think all of them would look good? That makes me feel better!
  • Kinley
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kinley ·
    • Flag

Look for MeanderWorks on Etsy! She's amazing and can do you a custom band! She's doing my engagment ring and both of our bands. Here's her website in case you don't do etsy: https://marilynbrogan.com/

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! We have a jeweler we love that we will work with, just trying to come up with ideas to bring to her. I will definitely check the etsy store out though!

Comment on this discussion