Tina
March 2020

Help me be strong!!!

Tina, on March 2, 2019 at 4:31 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 36
Saved Save
So I've mentioned in other posts that Sophia Tolli is my favourite wedding dress designer. Every wedding dress pin before I was seriously looking were her gowns. I cannot afford her gowns so I never tortured myself looking when the time came. I purchased my lavender Vera Wang gown which I love and on clearance it fit my budget. Nothing else in that price point even came close to my Vera Wang! Today I discovered that someone is selling my dream Sophia Tolli dress for cheap (the hem is dirty but thats not an issue to me). I would have to get it altered to my height but even with that cost it's still cheap. Tell me I don't need it! I'm fighting with myself and I'm trying to stay strong. What would you do? P.S. the vera Wang is non returnable.

Help me be strong!!! 1

Help me be strong!!! 2

36 Comments

• Nicole
    Expert May 2019
    Nicole ·
    I’m probably a bad influence but I decided to get another dress after I bought my first one. Which I liked. I just didn’t love it. I have ordered another one that was more me. It’s your day. You do you and what makes you happy.
  • Chrystal
    Super May 2019
    Chrystal ·
    If it’s in your budget get it. If you aren’t sure I would wait and day or two and see if you still feel the same way. You could always wear the purple dress to the reception.
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    View Quoted Comment

Totally agree. Whoops. Sorry.

Have you tried on the dream Sophia Tolli dress to make sure you really do love it?!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Is that dress you got in lavender? I love it so much. Ethereal, unique. 💜

But... your dream dress is very different from the one you bought! Did you happen to try it on to know if you even like it on you???? You’ll hate me but I say get your dream dress and sell your Vera Wang. To know you’ll see your photos every day and love them is worth it.
  • Iris
    Expert May 2019
    Iris ·
    If it’s in your budget, get your dream dress... I’m a very bad influence here... I’m doing the total opposite of what you asked, not helping you at all to be strong. I’d get the Sophia Tolli (I hope you tried it on, though), and use the Vera Wang to change at the reception.
  • Expert October 2020
    ·
    I would try it on and if it was really “it” I would try to sell the other and get it. Sorry, I wasn’t much help keeping you strong either. 😬
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    Always go with your dream dress.
  • Tiffany
    Savvy October 2019
    Tiffany ·
    Omg i love the dress... I’m a bad influence
    i say BUY IT.... wear both
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    Do you have room in your budget for another dress? If not, don’t do it! I don’t believe it’s smart to go into debt or financial strain for a dress or for a wedding, in general.
    Your Vera Wang is beautiful & very unique. You’ll look great in it!
  • A
    Devoted August 2019
    Ami ·
    Find a store that carries it and try it on before torturing yourself with this decision. Make sure you still love it after trying it on!
  • Tina
    March 2020
    Tina ·
    View Quoted Comment

The dream dress is under $100. That's what makes it harder! If it was still a decent price I wouldn't have such a dilemma.

• Tina
    March 2020
    Tina ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yep! And the thing is I love my Vera dress. The back is amazing too. But I never thought I'd get a chance at a Tolli so now I'm fighting with myself. Lol
  • Chrystal
    Super May 2019
    Chrystal ·
    Are the measurements of the dress fit you? Have you tried on similar silhouettes? If the price isn’t bad and if you feel it’s worth the price of alterations I would give it a try
  • Susan
    Devoted August 2019
    Susan ·
    I would go with the dream dress - but I’m probably a bad influence.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment

HOLD IT.

It's $100??? GET IT RIGHT NOW. You can save $100 somewhere else. Get off WW right now and go get it. That's a crazy wonderful price.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment

Read my reply below. $100? GET IT nooooooow.

• Gonnabeaburch
    Super July 2019
    Gonnabeaburch ·
    If you're 100% sure on your dream dress and you can afford to buy and alter it without selling your Vera Wang, I say go for it! Keep the Vera and wear it to the reception or another event or sell it, but make sure the Sofia dress is within budget before selling the other (if you plan to go that route) just in case you aren't able to sell it. I personally think you will regret it if you don't go for the dream dress.
  • Brandi
    Dedicated March 2020
    Brandi ·
    I say get the dream dress and either 1) sell the lavender dress or 2) wear the lavender dress for your reception! But like some others said, I’d try on the dream dress if possible first. I saw that this dream dress is only $100 which to me is a steal and totally worth it!!
  • Sharon
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sharon ·
    I mean, for $100 how could you not get it?! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. And as someone else said either wear the lavender one as your reception dress or sell it. Sorry, we're totally not helping you stay strong! But its too good to pass up. Go...now...buy it!
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow, ok that’s a different story lol. That’s an amazing price, I just want to say: get it now! But before that, you should probably get an estimate for how much alterations will cost, so you know what you’re working with.
    Good luck in making your decision!

Comment on this discussion