We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Felicia
Dedicated September 2021

Help!!!!!!! i need someone to ease my mind!

Felicia, on April 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save
I’m getting married on 09/25/2021 so I know I have plenty of time, but I am kind of nervous in general so this isn’t an exception.

I ordered my wedding dress on 11/20/2020 and they told me it would take about 6 months for it to arrive. My consultant did say 6 months is inaccurate and most dresses ship and arrive in about 4 months.
In February I called to order some extra fabric and was told my dress, and the extra fabric would ship on 03/28/2021 and it would arrive in early April. I called again today to check status and I was told my dress looks like it’s scheduled to ship the 3rd week of April (which would be right at the 6 month mark) and would arrive in early May at the latest.
I know shipping delays happen, so maybe I shouldn’t be nervous yet. How long do dresses usually take?!
For reference, my dress is a Stella York.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Felicia, on April 13, 2021 at 11:12 AM
  • CountryBride
    Super April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

I asked the same question with covid we are looking at 7 months without covid the standard is 4 to 6 months

• Felicia
    Dedicated September 2021
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m really hoping mine arrives the first week of May like I was just told! It makes me nervous not knowing when the dress will arrive - it’s like a wedding nightmare come to life. Haha

I’m glad I’m not alone in the wait!
  • JM Sunshine
    August 2020
    JM Sunshine ·
    • Flag
    My daughter's dress arrived a little over 5 months. Try not to worry, you have plenty of time!
  • Maureen
    Devoted November 2021
    Maureen ·
    • Flag
    It’s definitely has to be because of Covid, because I ordered my Stella York dress precovid and it arrived at the 4 month mark - what they had predicted it would be.
  • L
    Dedicated September 2021
    Lw ·
    • Flag
    We have the same wedding date!! I did already receive my dress but when I went to schedule alterations, it’s not set until June. So even if the dress comes in May, you have plenty of time!!
  • Rosie
    Devoted September 2021
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

I was really worried about this and was told when I purchased my dress in June to expect it to arrive end of November, early December. I figured if there were any delays, Christmas and New Years might blow out the arrival until January or Feb, but in the end it arrived at the end of October, a full six weeks early! I know it's super hard not to be anxious, but hopefully yours will arrive faster than expected too!

• Felicia
    Dedicated September 2021
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    Thanks beauties. You have all set my mind at ease! There’s still plenty of time and I am sure it’ll work out. Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics