D
Devoted January 2015

Help! I need all the ideas I can get!

Dyanne, on October 14, 2013 at 3:17 PM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save

Hello! I am planning a Breakfast/brunch wedding. Since its not the usual dinner/dancing wedding I am kind of at a loss at what to do for entertainment. The ceremony will be outside but the reception will be inside. any ideas would be great!

12 Comments

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

What do you mean by entertainment? I really don't think you'll need any...

• Iris
    Master February 2014
    Iris ·
    • Flag

You can still do dancing and if you budget alcohol, trust me people will still drink during the day. Aside from that, morning/lunch weddings tend to be more relaxed, more mingling than partying. I'm having a lunchtime wedding, tho still serving enough food to equivilate dinner, and music for some dancing. Tho I'm not expecting a lot of dancing, just more family socializing

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·
    • Flag

Consider changing your avatar! (**Please note you can only do this through a computer, not a tablet or smartphone!** -- Thanks Mrs.S) Avatars are often how fellow community members can identify you! We certainly understand privacy concerns, so the picture doesn't have to be of you-- just something unique to you, your wedding, or something that you love! This will make it easier for us to remember who you are and follow your progression of posts.

To do this:

- Click 'Settings' at the top right-hand side of your screen

- Click 'Profile and Privacy Settings'

- Below 'Account Image' on the left, hover your mouse over the avatar and click 'Change Image'

- Select an image from your Photo Album, your Avatars, or Upload from your computer & click 'Update Image'

• Kathy  Riggs
    December 2019
    Kathy Riggs ·
    • Flag

Our brunch weddings usually incorporate lawn games - croquet, bocce, badminton, bean bag toss. Photo booths and table games (we set up checkers and dominos) are also popular

• Jacqulyn
    Dedicated October 2013
    Jacqulyn ·
    • Flag

We're having a string trio instead of a DJ, maybe that would work for a morning reception since there will be music but not necessarily dancing. I was also surprised to find that the string trio costs less than the DJ, too (at least around here).

• D
    Devoted January 2015
    Dyanne ·
    • Flag

I have changed my avatar. Thanks Laudie!

Since my ceremony is going to be inside, I don't think games will really work.

We are going to have a photo booth.

• Stephanie
    Master November 2014
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

My future brother-in-law and sister-in-law had an 11:30am ceremony followed by a lunch reception with dancing and a bar. You can still have dancing if you'd like!

Otherwise, I'd suggest maybe getting a jazz trio or something and have a coffee shop vibe. Maybe have some traditional board games or something.

• TheNewMrsJ
    Super August 2013
    TheNewMrsJ ·
    • Flag

Do the Shoe Game!!!!! I wish we had time to do it at our wedding but we didn't.

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride Online ·
    • Flag

I've had two lunch weddings, with no other entertainment at either. And in both cases, people made their own entertainment by catching up with us and with each other. The reception is likely to be shorter than if you had dancing or other entertainment afterward, but that doesn't mean people won't enjoy it.

• kellie
    Devoted March 2014
    kellie ·
    • Flag

What about a caricature artist? if you dont want dancing you could always do some type of jazz trio or band?

• Jackie
    VIP July 2014
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

Since the reception will be inside, you could always do a limited bar (like just specialty drinks or just beer and wine), hire a dj and have a dance floor with a photo booth. Its all you need, people will mingle amongst themselves. If you really dont want a bar and dance floor, you dont need anything else anyway but dont expect people to stay real long.

• Riki
    Master August 2014
    Riki ·
    • Flag

What can't you just eat brunch, have cake, and go home same as you would do if the wedding were at night. You can still dance, have mimosas and bloody marys...

Comment on this discussion