Abby
Super August 2015

Help deciding between two dresses!!

Abby, on June 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 46
Saved Save

Well...i posted something similar to this before between two dresses...i ruled one of them out but another has come along & i'm stuck again!!! *pictures are not me in the dress...just pics i got off google*

Both are maggie sottero, lace mermaid. The one with a lace cap sleeve & keyhole back is called Elliana. Its a lace overlay & zipper back w buttons...the other is called Julia & is strapless & has a corset back (which i like better than zipper buttons). The Julia has a tulle skirt with no lace around the bottom, while the Elliana has lace from top to bottom. I love both for different reasons & I can't decide! I'm trying both on June 29th. I would wear a cathedral mantilla & a crystal sash with either dress.

ALSO, i have very long hair, which hubby has said time and time again, he wants me to wear it down i prefer my hair down too)...i feel like with the Elliana dress, i would have to wear my hair up.

OPINIONS!?!?!? #1 or #2??

#1 Julia

46 Comments

• Abby
    Super August 2015
    Abby ·
    • Flag

#2 Elliana

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

but yes I think it requires an updo

• M
    Devoted September 2014
    MB ·
    • Flag

I love the back of number 1 and the front of number 2 Lol. I know that doesn't help much. They are both beautiful dresses. I think once you try them in it will help you decide. Sorry I can't be of more help

• May
    VIP October 2013
    May ·
    • Flag

My dress is similar to the Elliana and I'm wearing my ridiculously long hair up to show off the detail of the dress. But obviously because it's like my dress I prefer the Elliana.

You have plenty of time, so if you like the lace detail on the bottom of the Elliana dress but everything else about the Julia then you can see if a combo exists.

Trying them on will definitely help you decide. Some dresses look amazing in photos and absolutely ridiculous on!

• Alexis
    Super May 2014
    Alexis ·
    • Flag

I love #2

• Abby
    Super August 2015
    Abby ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies! I'm leaning more towards dress #2 but i don't want to have to wear my hair up..waaaa!! lol

• Private User
    Super February 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I like #1 better...but i generally am not a fan of cap sleeves.

• Abby
    Super August 2015
    Abby ·
    • Flag

^^ same here, but i LOVE the keyhole back...it's classy yet sexy.

• Kim
    Master June 2014
    Kim ·
    • Flag

#1 it reminds me A LOT of my dress. So maybe I'm bias. But you look gorgeous in either one!

• Elizabeth
    Super June 2014
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

• Breanna
    Expert January 2017
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

Maybe... possibly... find a hair stylist that can work something that you can have up for the ceremony/pictures and stuff, then can be taken out and just be down and pretty without looking a mess for the reception?

And get # 2 =]

• Marissa M.
    Super August 2013
    Marissa M. ·
    • Flag

I love #2 but maybe you can find a side ponytail like hairdo in which your hair could still be down but show off the beautiful back still!

• Sherry
    Expert July 2014
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

#1 is AMAZZZZZZING!!!

• M
    Just Said Yes October 2013
    melina ·
    • Flag

# 1 is Beautiful.....but you will know once you put it on which is right for the big day, hair up or down sure you will look stunning. Good luck.

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·
    • Flag

#2. Love the cap sleeves.

• Heather S
    VIP October 2013
    Heather S ·
    • Flag

OMG, 1!!!!!

• Stacy
    Expert August 2013
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

I agree with Marissa M.

• Mrs.J
    VIP June 2013
    Mrs.J ·
    • Flag

• Emily
    Dedicated September 2013
    Emily ·
    • Flag

I like #1. When I was shopping, I completely thought I wanted a lace dress with cap sleeves and keyhole back- but when I put on the dresses it was so much material by my face it was overwhelming. Something to consider in case you're short like me. Smiley smile

Oh, and I know there are some dresses that are strapless lace with detachable cap sleeves- I tried one of those on as well. Then you could do sleeves for the ceremony and sweetheart neckline for the reception.

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

#1!!

Comment on this discussion