Petra
Just Said Yes November 2019

Help! Any suggestions for a beautiful reception high ceilings on cheaper side

Petra, on July 17, 2019 at 10:35 PM Posted in California Planning 0 3
Saved Save
So I need to plan my weddding by November and I haven’t even started .. I live in the Beverly hills area .. and my fiancée wants to have a classy wedding but doesn’t wanna spend a lot.. will probably only have seventy people at our wedding ..any suggestions . I wang that big dress i already picked out my dress . Now I’m just looking for the place 😭

3 Comments

• Meghan
    Super October 2019
    Meghan Online ·
    November 2019? Unfortunately, you will probably have slim pickings when it comes to venue options this late. Venues tend to book up about a year or more in advance. I would look on Wedding Wire and The Knot under venues and see what you like and fits your style and start calling places ASAP to set up tours if they have November dates available.
  • Keri
    Devoted November 2019
    Keri ·

Is November set it stone? I'm sure you haven't set a date or sent save the date's because you don't have a venue/location.

You are at the 3-4 month mark. Ideally you would be sending out invitations out in the next month or so. We are having a relatively short engagement (few days shy of 8 months), but there was no down time and we had to move fast on decisions. I'm not familiar with that area, but first you need to come up with a budget and start touring venues. Cheaper side is pretty vague... $5k, 10k, 20k? Determine a number you two are comfortable with and then look at availability. If you can find a venue within your price range that is available, start spreading the word about date ASAP while you rush to get invitations out.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Hey Petra!

As the pps mentioned, November is coming up soon so I really hope that you will be able to find a venue for your date! Are you flexible with your date? Perhaps a wedding venue might have some dates available midweek in November.

I would definitely start with the WeddingWire venue search. I’ve started a search for your here with Beverly Hills Wedding Venues but I would highly recommend looking further than just Beverly Hills for your venue. Here are the Los Angeles Wedding Venues for you to browse also.

I would recommend contacting venues as soon as possible so that you can set up visits and book a venue as soon as you find one that is suitable.

Have you already bought your dress?

Comment on this discussion