Jennifer
Savvy September 2018

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture

Jennifer, on February 22, 2018 at 3:05 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 10
Saved Save

Hi ladies! I experienced the most heart warming thing today. A couple of days ago I was browsing the FB marketplace and came across a new post stating they had a lot of vintage mid century pieces. The mid century pieces were by the brand Drexel, the Kipp Stewart celebration collection. I contacted the person immediately asking if the lot was still available, I couldn’t even sleep that night waiting for a response. In the morning I received a response that the pieces were still available and I would have to view them that same day. My fiancé and I went to the location immediately. The owners were the sweetest people ever and the furniture was absolutely stunning. Their mother was the original owner of the furniture but had unfortunately passed away recently. They were trying to get rid of the furniture as soon as they could because they lived a few states away. This furniture was given to their mother as a wedding present from her parents in the 60’s. It was purchased in New York and sent all the way to California. Then from California it ended up here in Austin just sitting frozen in time for 30 years. I just knew in my heart this furniture was meant for us. My fiancé and I are getting married this year so it’s kind of like a wedding gift to ourselves. The owners loved our presence and wanted us to keep all the furniture together so they gave us a bargain despite knowing the retail value. They said they would take $800 for everything just for us. This lot of furniture retails for over $4000. The owners told us how happy they were about the furniture going to us, they knew it was going to a great home. We took a couple of photos together for the memory and said our goodbyes. Now the furniture is sitting nice and snug in our apartment. As I was looking in the China cabinet drawer I noticed a little note the owners left for us. That little note just made everything even more special. I’m so glad we got to this furniture first and can keep it all together like it is meant to be.

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 1

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 2

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 3

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 4

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 5

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 6

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 7

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 8

Heartwarming Day Vintage Mid Century Wedding Furniture 9

10 Comments

• Xiomara
    Beginner May 2018
    Xiomara ·
    • Flag
    That's amazing!!!!
  • WED18
    July 1993
    WED18 ·
    • Flag

That is so sweet! I'm pretty sure my 80 yr old MIL has the same china cabinet!

• Kristen328
    Super September 2018
    Kristen328 ·
    • Flag
    Omg beautiful pieces! I love everything! Mid century modern is my absolute favorite style - FH hates it! It makes me so sad! The note is so sweet.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal Online ·
    • Flag

Yay! One of the sweetest and most heartwarming posts on WW is a LONG time! I love that they wrote you a note.... Congratulations! Smiley heart

• Jennifer
    Savvy September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree Smiley smile thanks
  • Jennifer
    Savvy September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I used to hate modern looking furniture too, I was more of a rustic furniture person. I’ve been converted after seeing these pieces in person lol
  • Jennifer
    Savvy September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awe I’m glad you came across my post then. I was hoping to bring some joy to the forums. Smiley smile Thank you
  • Yoomie
    VIP October 2018
    Yoomie ·
    • Flag
    That is an amazing beautiful all those pieces!
  • A
    Devoted July 2018
    A ·
    • Flag

Such a sweet story!

Comment on this discussion