K
Just Said Yes August 2008

Have you buy your wedding gown from an online store?

Kyle, on November 2, 2007 at 3:57 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save

I found the same wedding dress I love and tried at a very well known store here in USA, on an internet website. The website is from a wedding dress manufacture located in China. Believe it or not I found the same dress, they even have in there website the same picture (same model) that I see in the well known store website.

At the store the price of the dress is $ 1,000 and online is $ 250....that is a huge difference. But I'm afraid the website is a scam or fraude and they will take my money (paying thru Pay Pal) and then I won't receive my dress and loose my money. I have been in contact by e-mail with them and at this point they sound very thrustworthty and knowledgeable, providing a form to send my measurements, etc. when ever I'm ready to do the order, etc.

Have any of you done this before? Any ideas what can I do?

11 Comments

• Valerie  Podolinsky
    January 2020
    Valerie Podolinsky ·
    • Flag

You might want to make an inquiry with paypal to see that the company has a good standing account and they dont have call reports of fraud or any issues. Silly thing, but verify that the amount they want is in American dollars and that you will not get charged for something after the fact and of course that is it not a used dress being advertised as a new one. to me, this looks like a knock off of the orignal, similar to the prada and coach purses.. there could be flaws or imperfections in what you receive. The reason you see the same dress and model is most likely due to the copy.. You may want to try and contact the store in the USA and do a little checking on who the actual dress designer is.. Trust your instincts.. if it appears to good to be true.. usually is. Be careful!

Let me know if you need additional help.. good luck!

Valerie, event du jour ltd. www.edjltd.com / 952-829-7801

• C
    Beginner June 2007
    Christina ·
    • Flag

I don't know if these are the same people or not, but I found my wedding dress online as well (kind of). I had a dress in mind that I had found in a magazine YEARS ago that I loved. My mom was going to make it for me, but I figured to save time, I would look on ebay for something similar that she could just alter. What I found was a company in China that could custom make my dress for me and it would cost less than it would have cost in fabric for my mother to make it. I figured I didn't have too much to loose. So, I went for it. The result was the PERFECT dress. The only thing they messed up on was the sleeves weren't EXACTLY like I wanted, but everything else was. They took a little longer getting it to me (almosr a month past the original due date, but still in time for my wedding). My suggestion, is to look at their reviews. If you have time for them to make it for you, then go for it. Worth the savings.

• cary
    Savvy September 2006
    cary ·
    • Flag

My wife had 4 formal dresses on our wedding day, one of which (informal wedding gown) was purchased online. It was very nice and she was extremely satisfied with the gown. It actually looked better then the formal one during the ceremony

• Jordan Temple
    January 2020
    Jordan Temple ·
    • Flag

I did not purchase my wedding dress online but I would have if I had known about this was an option. I did purchase my bridesmaid's dresses online from www.gownsales.com and it was great. No problems.

• K
    Just Said Yes May 2007
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag

I wish i did. We did however purchase the BM dresses online and they were perfect! Netbride.com

• MARIA BURKS
    January 2020
    MARIA BURKS ·
    • Flag

WORKING WITH FACTORIES IN CHINA IS VERY TRICKY. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE REALLY THERE. CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE BRIDEZILLAGOWNS.COM WE MAKE CUSTOM GOWNS. UNFORTUNATELY OUR SITE IS NOT COMPLETE, BUT IF YOU EMAIL ME YOUR PHOTO DRESS WE CAN REPRODUCE IT

WHEN IS YOUR WEDDING DAY SET

• Liz Douglas
    January 2020
    Liz Douglas ·
    • Flag

Who is the company online?

• K
    Just Said Yes August 2008
    Kyle ·
    • Flag

I posted my story after I received the dress.They did a great job. The website is www.Kaersen.com.

• R
    Just Said Yes June 2008
    Rocky-Quel ·
    • Flag

How long did it take for your dress to arrive? I am thinking about doing the same thing cause i have seen about 50 gowns that I have tried on this site for hundreds less.

• evergeneva
    Devoted September 2009
    evergeneva ·
    • Flag

Take a good look into their return policy. if they do not have one, then I'd be very weary. I bought my dress online on eBay and paid for it using PayPal. The seller had 100% positive feedback for more than 3 years and a 30-day return policy, so I thought it was worth risking my shipping and handling money to get a better deal and I love my dress!!!!! Also, PayPal can offer you some protections and if you do not receive your dress, you can probably get your money back through PayPal. Good luck!

• Tammany kladis
    January 2020
    Tammany kladis ·
    • Flag

As you will find I have been stating I got married coming up on 2 years in may. I too found my wedding dress in a store for honestly $3500. I did some researching and I found a designer in China who made the exact gown and i paid $175. I just had to send in my measurements. Yes I was a little leary at first. They stayed in constant contact with me, giving me every detail of what step they were on.

My gown arrived in the same quality as the designer gown if not BETTER quality.

And I work in a bridal store!

So I praise it if you find the right designer...

Comment on this discussion