Arlene
Devoted March 2020

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how?

Arlene, on October 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM

Posted in Parties and Events 84

I love love loveeeeeee proposal stories!!! How was your proposal where or how did he do it? I loved mine!! I do admit I wish my fiance had planned someone to take a video or photo because that is one thing we both wanted, random people took it but I never got their contact info lol but NONE THE...

I love love loveeeeeee proposal stories!!!

How was your proposal where or how did he do it?

I loved mine!! I do admit I wish my fiance had planned someone to take a video or photo because that is one thing we both wanted, random people took it but I never got their contact info lol but NONE THE LESS, STILL AMAZINGLY PERFECT!Smiley heart Smiley diamond

84 Comments

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How beautiful!!!!!! I love that what a perfect setting and photo!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is beautiful!! What a wonderful experience for you all!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!I could die that is so damn cute!!!!!!!!!! I love that!!!!!!!!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love that!! My good friend of mine got proposed too the same way, she was taken to the same place they had their first date and her fiance even wore the same outfit from that day. I love all theese stories all so different but yet all so cute beautiful and amazing!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww that is nice though!! a magical moment none the less!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww that is okay he wanted to capture the perfect moment and scene for it! ! still beautifuL!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How lovely though that is so special i love that!!!!!!!!!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love that ! How tricky!! lol that is such a good surprise and pretty place to do it!!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol how beautiful!!!!!

I love that!!

Side note we are going to Tahoe ourselves in December, so beautiful!!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is perfect that is adorable I love that!!!

A special moment for you both!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love that, so cute!!

I love stories that fit to what the couple is like. That is creative and so romantic and beautiful!!

• Andrea
    Dedicated August 2019
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    On Christmas day. As we are in our pajamas. The funny thing is,the night before we spent time with his whole family and all 40 of them kept asking us when he was going to put a ring on it... little did I know would be the next day; just the 2 of us:-)
  • SparksWoman18
    Savvy October 2018
    SparksWoman18 ·
    • Flag

Get ready for this!

So ill start off by saying our relationship was a bit odd. I had a boyfriend at the time who I found out was cheating. To get even, I started talking to my FH and he asked me on a date (he knew I was in a relationship but I had told him I wanted to end it). We went to a hotel party and BOOM! We fell head over heels that night. 10/15/2011.... that is our dating anniversary

Fast forward about 3 or 4 days later we were talking and he said "Hey when im like 24 25 26 27, wanna get married if were both single or if we date?" and I said yeah not thinking of much because he was 18 at that time and I didn't think we'd date long enough.

Then June 6th 2012 comes around. His 19th birthday. Im visiting him and his family. Since he shares this birthday with his mother his sister and I are getting ready to go out to grab a cake. His mom starts talking to me about what to do for dinner and shes just talking super fast and stuff. Then she turns me around and right there my FH is just there on one knee, his sister taking photos, with this really pretty old, vintage ring. I didn't know if we said anything since all I could hear was blood rushing, but I think I said yes. lol

• J
    Savvy June 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

He proposed to me on his birthday at 4:30 am...he gets up early for work and he woke me up and said "I want to start my birthday off the right way, with the best gift - by you making me the happiest boy in the world and by saying yes to marrying me?". I was so confused lol it was very sweet.

• Future Mrs. B
    Dedicated October 2019
    Future Mrs. B ·
    • Flag
    My fiance proposed in the middle of a creek on a rock. I was totally not expecting it and didn't know it was happening until the ring box came out. I had rented a cabin for our 4th anniversary. He has told me for our entire relationship that he would never propose on vacation or during a holiday. I was under the impression this was a vacation so I never thought twice about him proposing. The first night at the cabin we enjoyed drinks and went to bed early. Unfortunately, the beds were kind of uncomfortable to sleep in so we were up early the day. He suggested we get showers and go explore...which is pretty typical. We get showered and ready for the day and head outside. The area where we were was either really soft ground or rock...so navigating was tricky. He hopped out on a rock in the middle of this beautiful creek and asked me to join him...which I did but was worried about falling. Once I was on the same rock he was on, he started playing "Marry Me" by Train on his phone. I love that song, so I just said...."aww you old romantic" I didn't realize what was happening. He was telling me all sorts of really sweet stuff....still oblivious...I said something like "Wow I love you too." We hugged and the music was playing and he said "I have something for you." Still oblivious to what was happening (I know I should have figured it out by now) I thought it was the perfume I requested for our anniversary...so continued to hug him. He said "Are you gonna look?" I looked and saw the name of the jewelry store that I had picked my setting out at, written in gold on a beautiful box.....it then hit me like TON OF BRICKS what was really happening. I started to sob...uncontrollably. He was down on one knee.... he popped the question and I was crying so hard I couldn't answer right away. He said "Um babe can you hurry up, I don't have a good footing and I might fall in." I screamed.... yes SCREAMED "Yes"...followed by..."Are you sure?"...He said "I have never been more sure in my life." I was shaking so hard I couldn't get the ring on...when I did...it was so beautiful. I didn't want to tell anyone at first...just wanted it for us for that weekend. I can still feel that feeling when I finally realized what was going on.
  • Laura
    Dedicated October 2018
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I LOVE THIS!!

• Jennaya
    Dedicated September 2019
    Jennaya ·
    • Flag

We are new to area and have been trying to explore to find cool spots we like, so on Saturday April 7, 2018 we woke up had a fairly slow morning, he offered to make me breakfast (burrito bowls), we ate and relaxed. Once we were finished he suggested we continue to explore, so we got together some fruit, sandwiches, water and snacks and headed out to find a trail.

We came a cross bannister park in and went on an off trail that was supposed to lead to the river, but it was partially flooded so we couldn’t cross the trail. We saw another little pathway and followed that which led us to a really quiet and private pond.

Once we got to the pond zack said he was starting to get hungry and began to pull out the pineapple. We snacked for a few then he decided he wanted his sandwich(even though we were only on the trail for maybe 10minutes HAHA) he handed the sandwiches to me and then pulled out the ring out of the snack bag and got down on one knee❤️

• E
    Savvy June 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We got engaged in Shenandoah National Park. Yay national parks! It is a personal goal for us as a couple to visit them all.

We were in the middle of hiking by some waterfalls and sitting taking a break when he told be that there was a surprise for me in the top of his pack. I reached in and there was my ring in its little box Smiley smile

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's one of our goals too! We got a little book that has all of the parks and a place to put a stamp from all of them and the dates we visited. We took our engagement photos at Joshua tree national park and were camping in Yosemite next weekend! Congratulations!
  • E
    Savvy June 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah we saw that they had the passport booklets like 3 parks in Smiley xd so now I just keep a scrapbook of all our trips. I love Joshua Tree!!! And if you haven't been to Yosemite before, Its AMAZING!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics