Arlene
Devoted March 2020

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how?

Arlene, on October 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM

Posted in Parties and Events 84

I love love loveeeeeee proposal stories!!! How was your proposal where or how did he do it? I loved mine!! I do admit I wish my fiance had planned someone to take a video or photo because that is one thing we both wanted, random people took it but I never got their contact info lol but NONE THE...

I love love loveeeeeee proposal stories!!!

How was your proposal where or how did he do it?

I loved mine!! I do admit I wish my fiance had planned someone to take a video or photo because that is one thing we both wanted, random people took it but I never got their contact info lol but NONE THE LESS, STILL AMAZINGLY PERFECT!Smiley heart Smiley diamond

84 Comments

• Tpatb
    Master August 2019
    Tpatb ·
    • Flag
    We went on a trip to Paris/London & he proposed on a tour on top of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Erica-FutureMrsTacchia
    Dedicated October 2019
    Erica-FutureMrsTacchia ·
    • Flag
    My fiancee and I booked a kidless vacation to Vegas. I always said Ive never been and was on my bucket list. We stayed at Paris hotel and he proposed by the Eiffel Tower!
  • E
    Beginner October 2019
    Erika ·
    • Flag
    I love love love reading these! My fiance proposed to me in Maui on top of a mountain at sunrise. We had to wake up at 3am to get up to this mountain and got reservations months in advance because they only let so many people up there each morning. It was crowded and when the sun didn't come up when it was supposed to most of the people left but we stayed in hope the sun would come up over the clouds! It FINALLY did and was the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen. There was only like 10 other people up there at this point and we decided to get a picture and I was complaining they wouldnt come out good because it was misting so we were pretty wet. He told me "dont worry this picture will be better anyways" and when I asked why I looked down and he was holding a ring! He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and it was the biggest surprise! I had NO idea it was coming. Best surprise ever!

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 1

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 2
  • P
    Dedicated May 2019
    Perla ·
    • Flag
    We were going on an “Easter family day”. So plan was to walk around Botanic Garden & get something to eat afterwards.

So we did, walked around, took pics. Next thing I know (after his family distracted me) when I turn around he’s already down in his knee. Loved it. We had all our loved ones there with us.
  • K
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag
    I had planned a Disney trip with my mom back a while ago. It was just her and I. We flew down and went to the Halloween party they have their in Magic Kingdom. She was Thor and I was Loki. My fiancé told me he was visiting some friends in Fairmont, WV while I was gone to Florida. He told me his phone had broken and that his service wasn’t working. I hadn’t heard from him in a bit. Me and my mother went to eat at Cinderella’s Royal Castle and I walked up to Cinderella to get our picture inside the castle and she gave me a wishing star to wish on and told me to close my eyes. I had to count to 3 and wish for something and when I opened my eyes, my fiancé was behind me on his knee dressed as Captain America . Turns out he had been in Florida as long as I have with my dad, they flew down separately. My parents and him had this planned 4 months before it happened and I never had a clue! It was the best day of my life. My dad was Doctor Strange. We got pics taken in front of the castle that evening.

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 3

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 4

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 5
  • Stephanie
    Devoted October 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I apologize for the long response but my fiancé recreated our first date and to explain I have to start from the beginning lol so bare with me because here it goes...

Our relationship has never been traditional, the day we met also happened to be the day of our first date/he asked me to be his girlfriend. My best friend had posted a picture of me and her on her Facebook and he had commented on it saying “damn! Who’s your friend?” (I know I know that sounds childish and corny but it had made my day seeing it) from then he and I started exchanging messages and speaking on the phone and made plans to meet.

there was a small community park in my neighborhood that we decided he would meet me there (neither one of us had a car and my parents would’ve freaked if I told them about him). He rode his bike over 10 miles to come meet me in person (and did so everytime he wanted to see me for over a year until he did get a vehicle). We kinda just say there enjoying each other’s company, I spent a lot of time sitting on the end of a slide and him next to me. We had some snacks and drinks and at one point I remember we were laying on the slide together and my head was on his chest. He looked down at me and asked if he could kiss me. And then afterwards asking if I’d be his girlfriend. It was a simple day but it was romantic and so sweet.

For the day he proposed, I was working late so after work he had picked me up and started driving towards the beach area where they have a small neighborhood park. (We met in NC but moved to Florida over a year ago). I thought it was odd so I kept questioning him “hey babe where are you going? This is kinda a long way to get home.” He just kept insisting oh I just want to drive around a bit (in my head I was like okay babe if you say so but I know the way to the beach and I know that’s the way you’re heading) I had just thought maybe he wants to just do something cute for our anniversary because we unfortunately never have time or money to do anything when the day rolls around. So we get to the park and he pulls out lasagna and wine and obviously that made me more happy because come on it’s wine and lasagna!! Lol. So I’m sitting there on the slide just eating and sipping away, we’re having a conversation and he’s next to me I noticed he was on his knee and he was acting somewhat out of sorts. So I asked him why he was on his knee and he made this excuse of oh I hurt my leg at work or something like that..I let it go but still thought it was odd. We kept talking and then he said there’s just one thing I would change about us and that’s when he asked me.
  • Jen
    Savvy July 2019
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    Home, in the room. With a law-a-way ticket
  • Future Mrs. Hosley
    Dedicated June 2020
    Future Mrs. Hosley ·
    • Flag
    At our friends' wedding.. they had a bridge over a waterfall that was lit up behind the huge pond.. we were up there alone (away from everyone) and he kept sighing and saying "I wish I had a ring right now"... Then after a few mins right as we started walking back down to join the party he turned right back around and said "will you marry me even though I don't have a ring?" ... Needless to say, I'm engaged without a ring yet because he's gonna ask one more time with the ring! 😍💜😘
  • Katelyn
    Dedicated August 2019
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag
    I should preface this by saying I have always called my fiance out on the fact that he would never surprise me because he can't keep secrets from me so I knew I was going to catch him acting weird or something and figure it out. My fiance proposed while we were on vacation with his family in Wisconsin. His parents had recently bought land up there that we will eventually build a cabin on and it will be handed down to us. The whole trip he was taking pictures of me from behind looking at things or standing in front of stores so when he walked me out into the middle of a field and told me to look out and he wanted a picture I didn't think anything of it. We have been together for almost 7 years now since we were 15 years old and we have talked about getting married for a few years now but we always said we would wait until we were both done with school (I will graduate with my Masters in May of 2019 and he graduated last May) so I had been planning on him proposing summer of 2019, a year from now. But when I turned around after he said he was done (he never took a picture btw) he was down on one knee. He gave me a great speech that I remember very little of except he quoted our favorite show Brooklyn 99 and told me my butt was "noice" and asked me to marry him. I was completely shocked I even was said "what are you doing??" and I just kept thinking this isn't a thing, this isn't real, that's a fake ring. Then I went from shocked to ugly crying in about .13 seconds and said of course I would because how could I not after that?!?! It was amazing and he even drew a map of the field for his family and gave them each copies so they knew where he wanted them to stand to take pictures of the proposal! He gave me the map and we got it framed for our entrance table at our reception. He really surprised me and outdid himself. It was beyond perfect and I couldn't have planned it any better myself! He asked my parents and my sister all for their permission and then proposed 5 days later because he couldn't stand keeping it a secret so they all knew when I called and were so excited for us and his mom and sister were sending them pictures and texting them so they knew when it was happening. My sister was extremely upset with me though because she packed a cute yellow romper for me to wear and I ended up in camo and jeans. I'm upset with myself because I missed all of the signs, my sister took me to get my nails done and I just thought she wanted some sister time, his mom was freaking out because a thunderstorm delayed the proposal for a day and I couldn't see what the big deal was about adjusting our schedule for the rain, come to find out that the rain pushed it back a day and my family was back in Nebraska waiting for the news. There were a lot of signs and I missed every one of them but I don't mind I am so happy he surprised me!

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 6

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 7

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 8

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 9

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 10
  • C
    Dedicated June 2019
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    He took me to a beautiful waterfall which we looked out onto under a covered bridge and he said I think I have a rock in my shoe, knelt down on one knee to try to get the “rock” out, asked me for some help up and I handed him my left him and he held my hand with the ring and asked me to marry him. It was so cute, sweet, beautiful and romantic. Didn’t see it coming at all. I loved it.
  • Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is so romantic and beautiful!! I am sure that was a beautiful moment not just for you both but the kids as well!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I do too!! I love them all! and I love that!! Ugh I am a disney fanatic that is soo cool!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What a wonderful surprise!!!!!!!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds perfect that is awesome!! I love the photos as well!

• Heather
    Devoted February 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    He proposed during our snowboarding trip this past winter. I thought nothing of the trip when he said he wanted to go up to Tahoe to get in some good snowboarding before the end of the season (since so cal snow was garbage this past year) and booked the whole trip. When we were snowboarding the first day he kept talking about finding a good place to take pictures which was odd since he’s not a big photo person. The next day on our way up the lift he pointed out a good place and said “oh we should take a picture there”. After a few pictures and him telling me to take off practically all my gear and me getting all annoyed lol...

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 11
  • Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

IT is cute!! I know a beautiful couple who got engaged with no ring and got the ring together or participated together in that. Every couple is different!!!!!!!IT is definitely okay!! Me and my fiance discussed it on our trip, he talked about proposing to me while we were in our hotel room and I thought he was at that time but he did not. He had it the whole time and proposed on the beach but I honestly would of been happy if we were in the room as well to me it would not have mattered, I would of said yes either way and cried either way lol. We were on our way out to the beach anyway where he did it but either way me and him are so casual as well that if he proposed to me in the car just at the drive thru I would not care. It is not about the proposal the ring the environment it is a special moment between 2 people that it should not matter.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is awesome, with the beautiful view and all!!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww those are well deserved!! Mine was a kidless vacation as well, that is awesome!!

• Brittany
    Devoted October 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

At home. In our bedroom - he had a card that said wifey for lifey and underneath my card was the ring. He had also given me a sweet message in a bottle before we went out that evening that said "I never want to be apart from my heart (or something to that effect - it is in my draw!)" I was confused by the message because it was part of my vday gift but I asked for facemasks so had no idea where he was going with this. After our date out he guided me to the bedroom where I found the card and my ring. It was perfect and very us!

• Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

We went to the harbor that we like to go explore a lot. The proposal really caught me off-guard because my FH had just had to buy a new car after his old one bit the dust so I'd kind of resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't get engaged for a while longer now since he had this new expense. I didn't know he'd bought the ring a few weeks before his car died! It was around sunset by the time we were done exploring and going back to the car. At the grassy part of the harbor there were a bunch of rabbits out that distracted me because I wanted to take pictures of them. We went and sat down near where they were and he told me had had a surprise for me and pulled out a pizza box and had gotten pizza for us (I'd gotten annoyed with him earlier in the week because he ate some leftover pizza I'd wanted to eat). As we were eating the pizza he started talking about the future and then pulled out another mini pizza box that had the ring in it and got down on one knee and asked if I'd marry him. It was a very "us" proposal.

Ring BoxHappy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 12

The RingHappy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 13

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics