C
Devoted April 2020

Hair/makeup Trial

Courtney, on January 16, 2020 at 9:35 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 6
Saved Save
Some things have definitely changed this week.... my cousin was suppose to be doing my makeup, but her and her family are having some issues. My shower is next month and they say they're unsure if they can make it because of their personal issues. Will not go into detail. This had me thinking I might need a Plan B for the wedding. Then, the girl I had doing my hair said she could only do me and 3 BM's leaving two girls out.

So I went to FB and found someone.... only problem is she isnt local. She is in state, but will charge a travel fee. I decided to book her to do my hair/makeup and my BM's makeup. I will pay for their makeup, but I'm asking they pay for their hair... it is $65 and they don't have to get it done if they don't want to.
Anyways, I say that to say I'm a teacher and off Monday so I'm going to make the trip to do a hair/makeup trial. I hope I can get my mom to ride with me. What do you think of this picture?
Hair/makeup Trial 1
Hair/makeup Trial 2
That's what I'm going to show her. Does the makeup look bridal enough? I have brown hair and usually do darker tones, but I like the way this looks.

6 Comments

• Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I think make up is a good look for you. I love it. I think you should show her.

• Renee
    Devoted June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    My thoughts were this, if I’m going to pay a decent amount of money for someone to do my makeup on my wedding day, I better freaking look like Beyoncé on steroids and not be able to recreate it the next week on my honeymoon. I don’t want to look gaudy but I definitely want to look like a grown up woman, walking down the isle, to meet the man of my life. The makeup in this picture is pretty, but if you have any make up skills, you can achieve that look on your own.
  • C
    Devoted April 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's true. I definitely want to look more done up than usual. She has some more pictures that I have saved to my phone that seem to be a heavier makeup application
  • Renee
    Devoted June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I don’t want to have a lot of makeup on my face but I would like a different eye look than my usual go out look. Maybe she can play with that picture by adding More darker tones in the crease for the reception if you to want to look more natural/bridal for the ceremony. Maybe even change your lip color as well to change it up.
  • C
    Devoted April 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hair/makeup Trial 3

Hair/makeup Trial 4

Hair/makeup Trial 5
    These are some more that I saved
  • Renee
    Devoted June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I like the lip color in the second picture but the eyes in the third.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics