Christina
VIP March 2014

Hair trial

Christina, on September 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 34
Saved Save

So I had my hair trial, but now I am not sure I like it. I don't ever wear my hair to the side so I think that's my problem, I also want more height on top. What would you change? Excuse the no makeup!

34 Comments

• Belais
    VIP October 2013
    Belais ·
    • Flag

I think it looks nice, though if you aren't happy with it, I'd suggest looking for a different style.

Maybe if it had a bit more height, like you said...and what about embellishments? Pearl/crystal bobbypins or ribbon or something?

• Future Mrs. J
    Savvy November 2013
    Future Mrs. J ·
    • Flag

I love it!

• Denise
    VIP May 2014
    Denise ·
    • Flag

I love it. Very soft and beautiful

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·
    • Flag

I think it looks great from the back but I agree I think you need more height. Did your stylist tease your hair first? What do you think about making the top look a little more like this but instead of going straight back like mine it would go to the side.

(sorry it's easier for me to just show you my thread with the pics already on it haha)

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/2nd-hair-trial-pics/e675ed90d1552afa.html

• Christina
    VIP March 2014
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies Smiley smile @laudie, she did not tease it, we talked about her adding height on the day of, though. @belais, i was thinking of doing a flower in the back towards the middle to fill it in a bit more, but I am just not sure! I ultimately think I'd be more comfortable wearing it half up/down but my layers are so screwed up I'm not sure if it's an option, and the hair dresser hasn't answered an email I sent her last week asking her opinion on it. I'm really bummed I booked her based off of her rave reviews, if she wasn't so expensive, I would cancel but I'd lose $350 so it's not an option!

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·
    • Flag

She really should have teased it IMO...maybe have her try that first...my stylist teased it and it starts off really high but once she starts putting the curls in it really comes out at a good height.

• Kim
    Master June 2014
    Kim ·
    • Flag

I think it looks great!

• Belais
    VIP October 2013
    Belais ·
    • Flag

@Christina - I think a flower in the back would look lovely. Smiley smile If you're spending hundreds on your hair, it should be how you want it. If she hasn't gotten back to you, try calling her or emailing again. It sounds like she's getting paid well, so she should be responsive and answer your questions. If you want it teased or half up/half down, she should be able to provide input.

• SW517
    Super May 2014
    SW517 ·
    • Flag

If you don't wear it to the side often, maybe put it to the back? I love the side look, but am refusing to do it for my wedding BC I fear in 3 years it will be outdated. I know everything at one point becomes outdates, but I'm going for classic. I agree with teasing to give you height!

• Abby
    VIP May 2014
    Abby ·
    • Flag

I think it look great! But if you are totally happy, tell your stylist you want more height and maybe do the same kind of style just in the back. I am sure they can accommodate this!

• Emmerdoodle
    Expert April 2014
    Emmerdoodle ·
    • Flag

It looks great from the back! I agree with the other ladies, some height will do wonders.

• mscountry
    Master July 2014
    mscountry ·
    • Flag

I love the back.

• kt2of3
    VIP October 2013
    kt2of3 ·
    • Flag

I think it's gorgeous. Love it to the side

• *Mrs_D*
    Master October 2014
    *Mrs_D* ·
    • Flag

I am in LOVE with it!

• Ashlee
    VIP October 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

I like the front but i feel like yes you need more height and i feel like they could do better with the back. i dont really like the back of it

• Ashlee
    VIP October 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

Maybe make the twist in the back more defined or have the curls pinned diffrently, you cant really see the curls the way they pinned it

• F
    Just Said Yes November 2013
    FutureMrsEngl ·
    • Flag

I love it, but definitley think it would look better with some height/volume! I'd like to wear a similar style for my wedding : )

• Monica
    VIP August 2014
    Monica ·
    • Flag

I think you look freaking adorable!

ETA: I saw your comment about your layers being funky. Do you think they will grow out more/correctly in the time until your wedding?

• Christina
    VIP March 2014
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Thanks Monica Smiley smile

I don't know. The stylist said not to cut it until after the wedding if I am wearing it up so I can get length. But if I'm wearing it down I think I need it cut to blend the layers better.. I also have clip in (very expensive clip in) extensions that I could cut to my hair. I asked her about her opinion on this and timing, but didn't get an answer... I will email her again now.

• Mrs. Butler
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs. Butler ·
    • Flag

I love it, but if you want it more in the back, add some height to the top of your hair and put the bun of curls in the back. That is what I did. I loved it and got tons of compliments.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics