Becky
Expert October 2014

Hair poll--Up or down?

Becky, on September 23, 2014 at 9:28 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 34
Saved Save

I am doing an updo for my wedding, but I've noticed on Four Weddings it seems like the vast majority of the brides do their hair down or just half up. So, what are you doing? Just wondering! Are your bridesmaids having their hair up or down too?

34 Comments

• Staci
    Master September 2014
    Staci ·
    • Flag

Updo! Seems more special/ formal for me personally. Also I hate how I look with the half-up.

• Heather A
    Master September 2014
    Heather A ·
    • Flag

My bridesmaids hair was up.

My hair was all up technically up but the pony tail cascaded down into curls so that part was down

• M
    Master December 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

My hair will be half up half down, and my bridesmaids are having an up-do. I hate the way I look with my hair all the way up.

• Rye
    VIP October 2014
    Rye ·
    • Flag

My hair will be up. theres will be how they want it

• melissa
    Super June 2015
    melissa ·
    • Flag

I plan on having it all down with just the front section that falls in my face pinned back.

• Laura
    Super December 2014
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I plan on having mine all the way down, but I don't like the way I look with my hair up at all. I love updos on other people though.

Edited for spelling

• KlassyLady
    Dedicated August 2015
    KlassyLady ·
    • Flag

I initially said down. I hate the way I look with my hair up. But my hair is long (about 4 inches above my waist) and I had it done professionally for my E-pics. She used almost an entire can of hairspray on it yet is was flat in about 30 min. So, up it is!!! As far as bridesmaids, I'm letting then wear their hair however they like :-)

• Angela
    Dedicated May 2015
    Angela ·
    • Flag

Mine is up in the front with long flowing curls in the back-so that my hair does not block any of the awesomness of my dress

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

Mine will be up, I never like my hair down.... just something about the way it feels on my neck.

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning towards down.

• Becky
    Expert October 2014
    Becky ·
    • Flag

Yeah I actually like the way it looks up and I like that it keeps me from playing with it (I am terrible about always fidgeting with my hair). I think I will let my bridesmaids do whatever they want.

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·
    • Flag

Mine will be in a fishtail braid over my shoulder. Haven't decided on bridesmaids yet.

• kaylarae
    Master April 2015
    kaylarae ·
    • Flag

All up.

Half up or all done just don't say "bride" to me. They're everyday type hair styles

Eta: my bridesmaids are doing whatever they want. MOH is a side swept do, my sister is half up & my third BM is doing a loose updo

• 8815wedding
    VIP August 2015
    8815wedding ·
    • Flag

I think I'm going to do "up" in a low side bun. I always thought I would wear my hair down, but my dress has a very intricate back and neckline so I don't want my hair to cover it!

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

Half up half down. I have no idea what the bridesmaids are doing since I'm allowing them to do whatever.

• Karley
    Super November 2014
    Karley ·
    • Flag

I don't like the way my face looks with my hair pulled away from my face, but I can't have it completely down either as it will start to frizz. Here is my inspiration:

• Angie
    VIP August 2015
    Angie ·
    • Flag

Mine will be down, I think mine looks much better down. I HATE how the half-up looks on me, yet my identical twin does it all the time! I think it looks dumb, but she likes it! I'm the one on the left.

ETA: This is an older pic... I'm the "fat" one now. We change in weight all the time.

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

I had been planning half up with curls but now I'm on the fence again.

• Mrs2B
    VIP September 2016
    Mrs2B ·
    • Flag

I'm definitely leaning towards an updo, but I've seen lots of pretty styles that are half-up and down.

• M
    Super July 2015
    Mrs. ·
    • Flag

I'm thinking up. Basically something like this!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics