Stephanie
Devoted October 2018

Hair & Make up

Stephanie, on Dec 6, 2017 at 1:06 PM Posted in Wedding Attire

What did marrieds pay for a bridal updo and makeup? Just curious. I am shopping around, I also think I will be paying for my bridal party to get their hair done, but I don't want to get ripped off either. Any advice/area would be helpful. I am fine with either going to a salon, OR having them come to our hotel. I know this is regional, I am looking $45 and up, and how is there a way to estimate this?

Share:

9 Comments

• Stephanie
    Devoted October 2018
    Stephanie ·

Thank you for your advice! I wanted someone to come to the hotel as to avoid the logistics of things getting behind.

• Adriana
    Devoted October 2017
    Adriana ·

I'm in NJ. I did my own hair, but my girls, who got ready with me, paid 80 for their hair, and 115 for airbrush make up with eye lashes. Mine was gifted too me, so I'm not sure the exact cost of my day of make up. HMUAs came to my house.

• Ashli
    Expert April 2018
    Ashli ·

In Louisiana I am paying $75 for hair and $75 for makeup, and my BMs are $65/$65. The makeup includes lashes and your choice of airbrush or "traditional." I felt that was extremely reasonable, especially since the vendor we went with has amazing reviews and all of their before/after photos are to die for.

ETA: This vendor charges a fee to come on location, but waives it if there are more than 5 services booked. I believe the travel fee was around $50.

Good luck!

• EngineerInLove
    VIP September 2018
    EngineerInLove ·

In CT, I tried the budget makeup route for a trial ($40 trial, $65 day of) and was not happy with how it photographed. As a BM I have paid $80-$90 before tax for both hair and makeup, both for traveling and in-salon appts. The salon I'm leaning towards is $115 each for hair and makeup, so $230+tip. MOB/MOG hair is $50 each because they aren't doing an updo, just short hair blowouts.

• S
    Super July 2018
    SLR ·

I'm seeing $150-$200 for both hair and makeup in the Denver area.

But thanks for posting this! I'm looking right now as we speak so I'll follow this one too

• kbrands
    Expert December 2018
    kbrands ·

In PA my bridesmaids will be paying $100 for hair and makeup. I will be paying $140 for hair and make up trial, $180 for hair and make up day of. Flower girls are $35 for hair and simple makeup. Grandma's and mothers are also $100 for hair and makeup.

• Jeanmarie
    Super December 2017
    Jeanmarie ·

I paid $350 for H&MU which includes trial and day-of.

• happeningmom ·

We are by Orlando and our estimated costs are around $100-$150 for bridesmaids hair and make up, and and birds are $150 to $200 for both.

• Trish
    Devoted November 2017
    Trish ·

Mine was 100/person for hair and i think 90 per person for make up.

Comment on this discussion