Olivia
Dedicated November 2014

Hair and Makeup Trial (with pics) Opinion?

Olivia, on August 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26
Saved Save

I had my hair and makeup trials this weekend and I love my makeup. I really love the hair too, but my concern is that it evokes the wrong era. I am going for 1930's/late 20's. I am not sure if this do looks a little too 50's or if I can pull it off with my dress. All the pics are of the same hair style just different angles and I posted my dress too so ya'll can see what it looks like.

26 Comments

• Heather A
    Master September 2014
    Heather A ·
    • Flag

Your hair is definitely more 50s that 20s. But I am a 50s freak (who has a 50s dress) so I LOVE this.

Like I couldnt love this more and before I read your post just looking at the picture I thought "holy shit she looks amazing and vintage".

• Olivia
    Dedicated November 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

The rest

• Heather A
    Master September 2014
    Heather A ·
    • Flag

I take back what I said.

pictures 3/4 are total 20s. 1/2 look very 50s. Its funny how two different sides can look different

• B
    Expert September 2014
    Blue one 4 ·
    • Flag

I love the hair and make up! The only change I could see to make it a bit more 20s would be a darker red for the lip bright red tends to look 50s pinupish the other change you may consider is the victory roll on your left side ...the finger waves on the right are gorgeous and very 20s but victory rolls were a 50s thing primarily. It's up t.o you if you love it enough in the end no one will care and def won't criticize for being out of decade but thought I'd offer my advice for the decade if that's what you want!

• Jana
    Devoted June 2015
    Jana ·
    • Flag

You look gorgeous!! I agree that both sides of your hair look like different decades. Love the finger wave side!!!

• Rachey
    VIP June 2014
    Rachey ·
    • Flag

You look fabulous! I couldn't advise on 20's vs 50's but you look gorgeous and I love your dress!

• Sydney
    Expert May 2015
    Sydney ·
    • Flag

You look amazing!! I personally like the combination of finger waves and victory rolls!! Smiley smile

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I love the hair but I do agree with the 50s look...maybe adding more blunt or smaller finger waves on the one side would help to pull it back a couple decades?

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

Stunning! The finger curls look spot on. The victory roll side does look a little 50's, but I don't think it looks bad at all. I think it's a really cool hairstyle overall.

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·
    • Flag

WOW!! You look amazing! I do agree with the other ladies that one side is perfect for the era you are trying to hit and the other side is a little 50s, that being said, if you love your hair who cares? It looks amazing, and most likely half your guests wont know the difference, and the other half wont say anything. So do what you want!

• Carrie
    Super September 2014
    Carrie ·
    • Flag

LOVE it! I agree on the split between the eras but I really like it and think it goes well together (I honestly probably wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't asked).

• M
    Super September 2014
    Miimii ·
    • Flag

You look gorgeous! and it goes perfectly with the style of your dress. love it!

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

WOW!!!!!!! I love your dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like your hair. I have no idea what decade it looks like, but I really like it.

• Karen
    Super October 2014
    Karen ·
    • Flag

Wow! you have a very talented stylist! It looks great but I agree the side with the victory roll is more 50's but I also agree that no one will probably notice on the day of.

• Elizabeth
    Super September 2014
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

You look gorgeous!

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

Wow! That is one of the prettiest do's I've ever seen! Love, love, love it! I just think "vintage" when I see it, not a particular decade. But the finger curls make it look very 20's. I say stick with it!

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

The hand waves scream roaring 20s, but the victory roll screams 50s. I don't think anyone will notice the day of unless you have some crazy history buffs at your wedding. It's a pretty hair-do!

• DanieGee
    VIP October 2014
    DanieGee ·
    • Flag

Beautiful! I love how everything looks! Your hair is gorgeous and your makeup looks very natural!

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·
    • Flag

I LOVE the make-up and the right side of your hair, but the curl/swoosh toward the top of your head looks a little odd and takes away from the finger curls and beauty of the other side of your hair (which is totally 1920's to me). It also creates a weird bump/split toward the top of your head....Hope I'm explaining this so it makes sense lol.

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·
    • Flag

I love the waves on the right side, very perfect, but the left side victory roll makes it 50s. perhaps just add more waves or more height and definition to the victory roll

Comment on this discussion