Arlene
Devoted March 2020

guest count

Arlene, on November 7, 2018 at 8:13 PM Posted in Planning 0 2
Saved Save

Hi everyone,

I see and read alot of people stating that they invited 130 and only 60-70 came About 110 would RSVP and alot not show up.

My best friend I asked her for advice my MOH because she had a wedding in April however she said alot people showed up who said they did except for like 2. We want no more than 130 at our wedding 140 pushing it depending because we have like 20 kids in the wedding. How many should I invite just in case? Because we have people on stand by, should I just send the STDs a little earlier earlier followed by the wedding invites so if people decline or no responses I can have back up for the ones that do not come. I do not plan for any no shows but you never know!! We are paying per plate as it is platted style dinner and I do not want to waste any money that I do not need too.

Help and advice greatly appreciated!

2 Comments

• K
    Savvy October 2018
    Kaylee ·
    • Flag
    I invited 140, a lot of them were out of town and 76 rsvp'ed yes. I wanted more people at the wedding but a lot of out of town guests rsvp'ed super late, so I couldn't invite other people. I have 2 no shows and 4 couldn't come last minute. The dinner was over $130 per plate so I was not happy about the no shows. I think it's a good idea to send out STDs earlier like you said followed by invitations, and make sure you pick an early enough deadline that you can invite other people if you want to.
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hi Arlene! Predicting the guest count can be so difficult since sometimes everyone could RSVP yes and other times not. I think if you really want to get a good idea of the head count, sending the STDs earlier followed by the invitation with an earlier RSVP date, I think you'll be able to see what kind of number you'll be having so you can see if you have room for other guests!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics