Shelby
Dedicated October 2019

Greece.?

Shelby, on May 9, 2018 at 8:39 PM Posted in Honeymoon
So how many of you have been to Greece for your honeymoon.? I'm seriously interested in it as I always have been and my FH said we could consider it but I know nothing about it nor how much it would roughly be. Tips and maybe financial input would be great.!!
Share:

23 Comments

• K
    Devoted October 2018
    Kimberly ·
    I just met with a travel agent for my trip. She was really helpful. I am getting married Oct 19th and she said that in the Mediterranean at the end of the tourist season a lot of the islands basically close down since there arent many tourist. I was originally going to go to Croatia but it appears to be the wrong time. Also Idk if you are thinking of anything like this but we are a guided tour so we dont have to worry about figuring out the traveling around ourselves.
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I honestly haven't. Hahah I just know that's where I'd like to go.
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok ·
    We are looking into it as that is where we planned...plane tickets are VERY expensive, even from the eats coast. That's the biggest cost of the honeymoon in Greece..just getting there and home at the very cheapest we could find was over $3k...for "business" class to "pamper" ourselves is a minimum of $3k for each ticket!!!
    So...we are trying to figure it out.
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow, that is alot.!! Thanks for the input.
  • S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sandi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Where are you coming from? We’re flying to Athens, non-stop from JFK in NYC on Delta for $937 per person, round trip. Then we added the extra $200 per person to upgrade to Comfort Plus (just below first class). Our entire trip - 3 days in Athens, 1 day on Hydra, 3 days in Santorini - is around $4500 including all ferries/transport, hotels, and two tours in Athens. We’re going August 6-13, right in the height of tourist season.
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Can I ask how you were able to figure out how much everything is.? Did you speak with someone who gave you the best prices and help you set it up or did you just do a bunch of research.?
  • MrsBlah
    Devoted September 2016
    MrsBlah ·
    We took a cruise from Rome to go to several islands. It was very cheap. Like 700 for 10 days including food and alcohol. Since we flew to Rome, the flight was not crazy expensive.
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh, neat idea.!
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We are flying from Buffalo. So we have to make a stop at one of the big airports before continuing on and the same coming home and we have yet to find anything reasonable.
    Also, I should have added, my FH REFUSES to fly on certain airlines - no matter how much cheaper. However, even with that we have been unable to find a deal like yours that leaves from BUF on the dates we need (which is part of the problem I think...)
  • S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sandi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah...we live in PA and have to travel 2 hours to JFK, but we are so that we can get the cheaper flight.
  • S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sandi ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I did a ton of research. Booked all the hotels myself on Hotels.com. Booked the tours through Viator.com. Pre-purchased ferry tickets and plane tickets. The only thing not covered yet is most meals (breakfast offered at all hotels and we have two tours that include meals) and spending money.
  • Janel
    Super September 2018
    Janel ·
    We’ve decided on Greece as well. Haven’t booked anything yet but plan to fly into Athens, then on to Mykonos and Santorini and maybe one other stop.
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Good job.!! Sounds like you're very organized. I'd have no idea where to start.
  • Mary
    Dedicated June 2018
    Mary ·
    We’re doing 9 days in greece next month and figured it out through a travel agent. Flights were about $2K and hotel/transportation in the country were another $3K
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    $5k for over a week? That doesn't sound too bad.!!
  • ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes ·
    Greece is amazing and beautiful but I was surprised how expensive it was. However, if you do a bit of research it is doable for cheaper. I highly recommend Santorini. Try flying out ir into other airports. For example we took a small flight to Bulgaria to get a cheaper flight home.
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the tip.!
  • Cassie
    Super April 2018
    Cassie ·
    We literally JUsT got back from Greece for our honeymoon yesterday! I would highly recommend it. We flew into Athens from SFO, then flew to Mykonos and then took the ferry to Santorini and then back to Athens for one more day before going home.

We spent about $6,000 on flights and hotels but we also booked very fancy 5 star hotels to treat ourselves. Like one hotel we paid $850/night for cause it had an indoor pool INSIDE our hotel room. We definitely did Greece fancy style lol.

We spent about $2,000 while there on meals, taxis and gifts/souvenirs for ourselves and activities.

We were there for nine days. Honestly, I think Greece was the perfect honeymoon and we had an amazing time. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
  • Shelby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shelby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds amazing.!! So, yall spent roughly $9000.?
  • Cassie
    Super April 2018
    Cassie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    About 8K. But again we booked very fancy hotels, that was were most of our budget went cause we wanted to splurge.

Comment on this discussion