Cayley
Devoted November 2018

Grand Entrance

Cayley, on July 16, 2018 at 10:59 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 25
Saved Save
What is everyone doing for a grand entrance, if you're even doing one at all? FH and I didn't even think about one until we found a new wedding show to watch where everyone is very serious about it. I would love to hear thoughts!

25 Comments

• augbride
    Super August 2018
    augbride ·
    No grand entrance for us! We will join the guests during cocktail then move to our table the same time everyone else is getting seated
  • OrangeCrush
    Super October 2017
    OrangeCrush ·

No grand entrance for us - I think they are bit cheesy, to be honest. We are more low key. We wanted to get to the restaurant first to greet people as they arrived, which we did! No regrets.

• Kelci
    Super June 2019
    Kelci ·
    We are doing a grand entrance with our first song we ever danced to playing. We want something simple.
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok ·
    We didn't do anything grand...I had a traditional somg played as we were announced and for us to walk in to, but we didnt do anything special beyond that.
  • C
    Dedicated June 2019
    CA Bride ·
    No grand entrance for me. We are also joining our guests during cocktail hour, and will go to the dinner table at the same time.
  • futuremrsS
    Devoted December 2018
    futuremrsS ·
    My FH can't take anything seriously. NOTHING At ALL. In a compromise of promising not to be at the alter in his favorite hot dog costume I agreed to a grand entrance of Cotton Eyed Joe. His friends will understand and think it's hilarious. My family will be mortified. It will be fun. ☺️
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    No grand entrance for us. We joined our guests for cocktail hour and then walked in with them for dinner. I love this picture our photographer captured as we were walking to our table for dinner.

Grand Entrance 1
  • Kristina
    Dedicated October 2018
    Kristina ·
    My venue has an awesome staircase to walk down, which end right next to the dance floor. So right after we walk down we'll go into our first dance.
  • MrsPreach2018
    Master August 2018
    MrsPreach2018 ·
    We're not planning on a grand entrance. We'll have a song playing when we're introduced, but that's it.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    We slipped away to change into pirate outfits during the cocktail hour. When we returned, we marched into the wine cave, greeted by guests howling, we gave a speech in French/English about ransacking a ship and we were there to celebrate with our mates. Capt’n Jack interrupted us and we all danced! 💀 💃
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Is t that a grand entrance?
  • Tpatb
    Master August 2019
    Tpatb ·
    During cocktail hr we’ll be taking pics..then we’re getting a 1st look of the reception area before everyone else..so I guess our “grand entrance” will be when we come in & go straight to our 1st dance..we plan to do a swing dance number.
  • Maria
    Master June 2018
    Maria ·
    We didn’t think much of it either. We walked in with an upbeat song after the bridal party was introduced. Some of my favorite pictures from our guests are of us during our entrance.
  • Olivia
    Beginner October 2018
    Olivia ·
    View Quoted Comment
    How did you do pictures of the wedding party and family then?
  • Maria
    Master June 2018
    Maria ·
    View Quoted Comment
    They most likely took pictures before the ceremony.
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    I'm not a fan of grand entrances, honestly. I understand its a special moment to be introduced as the newly married couple but we just want to be with our families and enjoy the night.

We'll walk in with everyone else after cocktail hour.
  • C
    Master July 2018
    Cuoghi ·
    Our venue had a large staircase to walk down and the band played music. It was fun. Had a spotlight too
  • J
    Dedicated August 2018
    Julie ·
    I'm showing up lol. A simple sweet ceremony is just fine, it doesnt have to be an elaborate event, unless that's what you want.
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·

We are doing a grand entrance. This is one of FH's tasks, he will be choosing the song, since it's something I just didn't care enough about. This will lead into the dances and then kick off the party. I didn't care whether we did one of not, but Fh wanted to do it, so it is.

• OrangeCrush
    Super October 2017
    OrangeCrush ·
    View Quoted Comment

We had a 11am ceremony, some pictures were at the site beforehand. We are in our early 50's, my parents have passed, his parents could not attend due to health issues, I have two sibs, he has three, we did not have the typical volume of photos. A lot of our shots were also from the reception, candid ones before and after dinner.

I did not care about seeing him beforehand, nor he me.

A big entrance was not us, although if others want one....go for it!

Comment on this discussion