Taylor
Devoted May 2019

Goodbye friends

Taylor, on December 30, 2018 at 1:09 AM Posted in Community Conversations

Hi everyone. I'm afraid this'll be my final post on here. I feel like I owe it to you all to give you an explanation of what's happened because you all have been there for me through planning, have given awesome advice, and always supported and loved my DIYs. So, my wedding is cancelled. And the relationship is over. My ex-fiance decided to end things very vaguely over text, and also doesn't have enough money to help me pay for rent in a couple of days. He's also left all the wedding cancelling to me and my family.

I'm currently in the process of trying to get deposits back from my vendors as well as moving out of our apartment, while also trying to heal. Unfortunately, my venue isn't giving any money back as a refund. My parents are now out $4000. So a warning to anyone thinking about Catta Verdera Country Club as their venue.

I'll be selling all my DIYs in hopes that some other bride(s) will love them just as much as I do. Thank you all so much for making this wedding planning process easier for me at the time, and I had so much fun interacting with all of you. I'll check back in later, I don't know when, but I'm looking forward to seeing your BAMs. Maybe someday if I somehow get proposed to again, I'll be sure to come right back here!

I hope all of you have long, happy, very healthy, loving marriages with your spouse. Always communicate with them. Make sure they know they're loved and don't settle for anything less than you deserve. I truly will miss all of you

Share:

70 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    OMG I am so sorry sweetheart. I hope everything works out for you. You’re in my thoughts & prayers. Sending positive vibes your way.
  • Erica
    Savvy May 2019
    Erica ·
    So sorry to hear this! Best of luck in mending your heart sweetheart and coming back better than ever from all this!
  • Tina
    Devoted August 2019
    Tina ·
    Jeeze..so sorry! This is such a sweet post. Lets me know you deserve the best. I really hope you find your prince and can look back at this and laugh. May 2019 bring you so much joy and cheer. No regrets ❤
  • Sarah
    Dedicated June 2020
    Sarah ·
    I'm so sorry to hear this, stay strong and know that you deserve better and one day you will have someone who will truly deserve to have you. He wasn't worthy of the amazing person you are.
  • Mrs.Married
    Devoted September 2017
    Mrs.Married ·
    So sorry! Hugs & prayers to you! In the long run, if these are his true colors, you are getting the better end of the deal. He sounds like a peach! Don’t be too hard on your vendors, though. The whole point of a deposit is for them to reserve your day and turn away other business. They’re just doing their jobs. I would take your ex to small claims for at least 1/2 though!
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    Awe I am so sorry. You are better off without him. You deserve better then him. I wish I could say more to help you.
  • M
    Super November 2019
    Melissa ·
    I'm sorry about your situation. I hope God sends you good things towards your way and opens better doors for you and your future.
  • Sherry
    Super September 2019
    Sherry ·
    Wow. My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry.
  • Arkilia
    Expert February 2020
    Arkilia ·
    Oh gosh what crappy way to have to end 2018. I have been where you are and I'm so sorry that the pain is so bad. The tears will dry and your heart will heal. You will meet an amazing man who will love you more than the the ex ever could have.... You deserve the world. I will be praying that you have strength to face the day... I'm so sorry dear. 💜💜
  • Kelsey Brielle
    Super December 2021
    Kelsey Brielle ·
    So sorry to hear that. Praying for you. Take time to yourself to heal when you get done dealing with all the cancellations. Try to surround yourself with things that bring you joy these upcoming weeks. I pray 2019 brings you so much joy and happiness that what you are going through now is removed from your memories. Good luck OP.
  • F
    Devoted June 2019
    F ·
    Sorry to hear this news. During this time make sure you are kind to yourself and heal. Don’t worry, better days are coming!
  • Simone
    Dedicated August 2019
    Simone ·
    I’m truly sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope the New Year brings you all of your heart’s desires. Wishing you the strength to move on graciously from that situation onto a much better place. Xo
  • Jane
    Expert May 2019
    Jane ·
    This is awful and I can only imagine your suffering. However, better now than just after the wedding. You will survive, 2019 will be better than the end of 2018 and this gives you the chance of finding true happiness one-day. If the venue find another couple for your date... or you do... maybe the refund could be possible? Good luck, thinking of you. Xxx
  • SummerBrideInAutumn
    Rockstar October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn Online ·
    I’m so very and truly sorry, hun! It absolutely breaks my heart to hear your story. Keep your chin up and know that we’ll be thinking about you. It’s so hard to understand right now, but you truly have to believe that everything happens for a reason and that it will all work out the way it’s meant to in the end. Good luck canceling, selling, and getting back deposits on everything.
  • Future Mrs. Robinson1120
    Devoted November 2020
    Future Mrs. Robinson1120 ·
    I'm sorry you'll find a man who loves appreciate you
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    I'm so sorry sending healing vibes your way!!!
  • Keary
    Devoted May 2019
    Keary Online ·
    I'm so sorry! I'm glad that at least you can start the new year with a fresh slate and focus on you and your goals. Everywhere God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window. Most of the time that window leads to amazing people and places who enrich us for the better. Best wishes for you!
  • Peachypie
    Dedicated January 2019
    Peachypie ·

I am so very sorry this happened to you.. and it is not fair for your parents to be out that money.

Try to look at the positives. You may have dodged a bullet of a relationship that could've only gotten worse with time. I know that may not be easy to hear or truly all that helpful, but some things work out in strange ways. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. You will find the one that is right for you

• OnCloudRawls
    Rockstar June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·

I'm so sad to have read this. I'm sending you positive vibes---->your way. Thank you for your advice and I wish you the best, Love! The right one will come along and make you happy!

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    I’m so sorry!!! I really hope that you can surround yourself with awesome people to help you through this!!

i really hope you find the perfect partner and get to plan your dream wedding

Comment on this discussion