amandaaok
VIP June 2018

Good news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries*

amandaaok, on June 19, 2018 at 5:00 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 25

Fabulous news is: dress is done and looks beautiful and it is officially ready to go less than 24hrs before I leave for our wedding... BAD NEWS?!?! Alterations cost $700. SEVEN. HUNDRED.馃槶 I expected about $500...apparently, it was $200 more...they said "ok?" Uhm...doesnt matter now does it because I...

Fabulous news is: dress is done and looks beautiful and it is officially ready to go less than 24hrs before I leave for our wedding...

BAD NEWS?!?! Alterations cost $700. SEVEN. HUNDRED.馃槶
I expected about $500...apparently, it was $200 more...they said "ok?" Uhm...doesnt matter now does it because I need my damn dress the wedding is in 4 days!!!! Lmao...so my steal at $300 on liquidation has now cost me , including alterations, $1,000! So...heres to weight loss costing me literal hundreds of dollars.
On the upside, because I am TRYING to stay positive...the dress looks great and fits and still at $1,000 is less than it originally cost if I hadn't gotten it on a crazy liquidation sale 馃し

25 Comments

• PBiazinha
    VIP May 2018
    PBiazinha
    • Flag

Yeah I feel you - I bought mine used so I paid about $750 - then I did two rounds of alterations for $350 - it adds up quick! but the important things is that it looks perfect on you! Smiley smile Good luck! safe travels!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027
    • Flag

The good news is you look amazing in it!!

I have a feeling if I lose weight before the wedding my alterations will also cost more than the dress lol

• amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks!
    Yeah..losing weight made me feel better...but boy did it make my alterations cost a ton lol
  • Samantha
    Dedicated July 2018
    Samantha
    • Flag

I can sympathize! I bought my dress for $500 when it was regularly $2000 and it was a little long, but had a scalloped lace hemline and it was going to cost $500+ just to bring the hem up a couple inches. I was like "you know what.... I think i'll try my luck with a petticoat"

• Summer
    Super August 2018
    Summer
    • Flag

Yeah, once they give you the price tag you're rarely in a position to refuse paying...it stinks but in the overall scope $200 is probably not a huge deal (I know, every bit counts especially for those of us with tight budgets, but this makes me think about the house I'm selling and how I keep getting notified of new expenses I need to pay for with basically no choice - the latest one was an unexpected 3K for a broken A/C system. Not fun while I'm trying to pay for wedding too!)

Comment on this discussion