amandaaok
VIP June 2018

Good news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries*

amandaaok, on June 19, 2018 at 5:00 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 25
Saved Save

Fabulous news is: dress is done and looks beautiful and it is officially ready to go less than 24hrs before I leave for our wedding...

BAD NEWS?!?! Alterations cost $700. SEVEN. HUNDRED.馃槶
I expected about $500...apparently, it was $200 more...they said "ok?" Uhm...doesnt matter now does it because I need my damn dress the wedding is in 4 days!!!! Lmao...so my steal at $300 on liquidation has now cost me , including alterations, $1,000! So...heres to weight loss costing me literal hundreds of dollars.
On the upside, because I am TRYING to stay positive...the dress looks great and fits and still at $1,000 is less than it originally cost if I hadn't gotten it on a crazy liquidation sale 馃し

25 Comments

• Sara P.
    VIP October 2018
    Sara P.
    • Flag
    Yay for losing weight! Good luck with you trip and wedding! Can we see the fitted dress?
  • Tara
    Master September 2018
    Tara
    • Flag
    Thats awesome! $700 sucks but your dream dress for less than original annnnd you look amazing in it?! I say thats a win!馃榿
  • SB
    VIP March 2019
    SB
    • Flag

Yay for losing weight and looking fabulous in your dress!! Money well spent in my opinion! Have a wonderful time and post pictures!

• SaucyClinton
    Savvy July 2018
    SaucyClinton
    • Flag

Congratulations not only on your upcoming wedding, but your weight loss victory! I tried losing weight for my wedding, but it's a lifestyle change, not just for the date. FH and I continue trying after the wedding!

Also, my alterations were also $700, and I thought they were very minor things, but... the damage is done. We can commiserate together on the astronomical cost!

• MrsPreach2018
    Master August 2018
    MrsPreach2018
    • Flag
    Yay for getting your dress back, weight loss and great fitting results! Sorry about the cost of alterations. Any pictures you can share?
  • Ashley
    Devoted November 2018
    Ashley
    • Flag
    Omg where did you get alterations done at?
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    I totally forgot to take a picture, I was in such a hurry because of all I have to get done to say before we leave + the shock over the cost!!
    This is from the last fitting, everything done except one of the sleeves and a hook in the back to pull the dress in a little more...

Good news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 1
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just posted a pic from the last fitting. Was in such a hurry and such shock over price I forgot to take a new one.
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    At the cheapest place I could find, for all that had to be done. LOL. Losing weight is a bbbbeeeyyyoooottccchhhh if you have a dress with lots of detailing!
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah my weightless isn't jist for the wesding, I just hadn't expected to lose as much as I did before the dress got altered!
    And while I'm sad your alterations were also an insane amount, at least Im not alone. Haha
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    True...still technically a win. Just not as big of a win as I thought Smiley xd Smiley tongue
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! Wedding is this Saturday, the 23rd...pics will definitely happenSmiley laugh
  • Mrs. Mecking
    Expert August 2018
    Mrs. Mecking
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Such a beautiful dress. You look so happy in it. I know it costed more than you were expecting but $1,000 for a beautiful dress like that is still a great price. Have a safe trip and wonderful wedding!

• amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much Smiley smile
  • Trina
    Dedicated May 2018
    Trina
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Beautiful!!

• cbryns
    Expert September 2018
    cbryns
    • Flag

Get it girl! It/you will look fabulous in 3 days Smiley heart

• Trina
    Dedicated May 2018
    Trina
    • Flag

I bought my dress off of someone off of facebook for $180 and my alterations costed $325 and it was from the place where the person that I bought got it from.

When I bought the dress!Good news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 2

Another picture of when I bought the dress!Good news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 3

2nd fitting after alterationsGood news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 4

Another picture 2nd fitting after alterations with the train downGood news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 5

Pictures from our wedding dayGood news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 6

more pictures from our wedding dayGood news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 7

me dancing with my oldest sonGood news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 8

my dad and i walking down the aisleGood news /bad news = Alterations 馃槺 *cries* 9

• Trina
    Dedicated May 2018
    Trina
    • Flag

I had also lost a lot of weight even before I went looking for a dress way before I met my husband. I was actually engaged before and bought a dress before and that dress cost me almost $500 I tried it on, I liked it, I bought, and that was it never tried it on again and never had anything else done to it. But with this dress I had everything done to it and wore it and it was absolutely beautiful and it fit me wonderfully I just wish I could wear it for more than one day! The first day that I tried it on was the very first day that I ever felt beautiful in my life and every time I had it on after that was and the only time I felt beautiful but my husband always says I am though. You do make a beautiful bride though!! Enjoy your day and enjoy your dress it is gorgeous!!

• Raina
    Super October 2017
    Raina
    • Flag

Honestly that sounds about right. I paid $500, the woman said typically it's about 3 quarters the price of the dress to get it altered. At least the area I live in that's pretty common, I asked around.

• amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Smiley heart !!

Comment on this discussion