Brittany
Expert May 2019

Giving gifts--help!

Brittany, on January 2, 2019 at 1:35 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 8
Saved Save

This feels so crazy to say but we're finally starting to nail down some minor details!

Our parents asked us not to buy them thank you gifts but all of them are doing/have done so much for us that we want to thank them in some way. We already plan on giving a toast to thank them at our rehearsal dinner and planned on writing them a nice thank you card but that doesn't feel like enough. What's something small we could give that would be meaningful but they wouldn't be bothered by us dropping a ton of money?

When did you give your bridal party their gifts? Wedding day? Bachelorette party? A little something at both? My bachelorette is only going to be my bridal party so it would be fine to give them theirs then, but FH has invited like 15 people to his bachelor party and he only has 3 groomsmen!

FINAL gift question, lol! What are you gifting the hostess of your bridal shower?

8 Comments

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    We gave our parents really nice albums after the wedding. I gave my bridal party their gifts the morning of the wedding because we had a welcome party instead of a rehearsal dinner. I gave our shower hosts a gift card to their favorite restaurant.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    My mom said the same thing, I’m going to make her a Shutterfly photo book of pictures of me and her from throughout my life, thanking her for always being there for me I think that will be very meaningful to her and not too expensive especially with all the sales that Shutterfly has
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

We plan to give all gifts at the rehearsal dinner. I'd rather not be worried about them and fumbling around on the wedding day. Some of the BMs gifts include things they can use for the wedding. As for our parents they, too, didn't want us to spend a ton of money on them.

We ended up getting all of the dads cuff links to wear for the wedding day, which matched their personality. My dad got a father of the bride cuff link set, FH step dad got cuff links shaped like fish, and his dad got golf club shaped cuff links. For the moms, they each got a special Alex and Ani bracelet to wear at the wedding as well. Our families love jewelry and sentimental things like that.

After the wedding, we plan to buy all 3 sets of parents a wedding album full of photos that are catered to their family and friends that attended, as well as pictures of us.

We'll also be writing everyone lovely thank you notes and giving a speech at the rehearsal to thank everyone.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

Maybe a nice picture frame for your parents? Etsy has lots of personalized ones. We are giving wedding party gifts on the day of the wedding. Shower host will get a DIY gift basket themed to their taste.

• Elissa
    Dedicated September 2017
    Elissa ·

We gave our families and other members of the wedding party glassybaby glass votives. (glassybaby.com). They are beautiful and each has a different name, so you can pick on that is relevant to the recipient. For example, my parents paid for most of the wedding, and we gave them one called "Gratitude." They should last a lifetime.

We gave the ringbearers and flower girl inflatable lanterns, and they love them. https://mpowerd.com/

Good luck!

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·

Picture frame of wedding photos of parents with you and/or FH as well. Or a photo album. You can give the bridal party their gifts any time you want. People also give them out at the rehearsal dinner also. I got a nice picture frame of the bride and myself from the bridal shower and hand written notes to make us all cry lol. She gave the rest of our gifts the day of.

I feel like the bachelorette party is moreso about partying, showering the bride and less about gifts. One bridal party I was in, the MOH gave everyone their matching shirts to wear and little beachy items/goody bags since we went to OCMD, but the bride didn't give anything out. I will be giving gifts the day of the wedding!

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment

I love the cufflink & bracelet idea! We were already thinking of getting cufflinks for the groomsmen, not sure why I never thought of it for the dads!

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany ·

Thanks so much for the help everyone! I got some great ideas and feel better about when to give gifts now haha.

Comment on this discussion