Chandra
Master May 2019

Girls Night vs. Bachelorette Party

Chandra, on March 6, 2019 at 2:24 PM Posted in Parties and Events 0 15
Saved Save
Here's the dealio.
First off....I know if nobody offers you a bachelorette party, you don't have one.
Nobody has offered to throw me one so I'm not having one.

BUT...FHs Bach party is the Thursday night before the wedding and he said a few of his friends would be in town then which means their GFs don't have anything to do that night. I figured rather than having them stay by themselves I could invite them and my BP to go have a fun girls night, like painting pottery and having pizza or something.
I'm not sure they will want to come anyway bc I've never met them but just throwing things out there.

Is this an okay thing to do? I dont want it really wedding related...I just dont get to hang out with my girls much and it would be a nice low key way to spend an evening.

15 Comments

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

I think that is fine. Just call it a night out/girls night. That was kind of my plan, because I didn't expect a bach party, but my girls threw one for me. Had they not I would have treated them to a night out a few days before the wedding.

• B
    Super July 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

Yes! That's totally fine, definitely do that Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super September 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    That’s totally fine! An invite to hang out with friends and meet the partners of your SO’s best friends doesn’t have to wedding related or follow “etiquette”. Have fun!
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

I think that's a great idea. I'd love to come - just let me know when (haha) I'm meeting with my girls tonight to go over some ideas they have for a party - but I want super low key (like dinner, bowling and back to a hotel room for late night pizza, drinks and girl time). I think a girls night will be awesome and it will help you detress right before the big day!

• Lizzy
    Super October 2019
    Lizzy ·
    • Flag
    Sounds like fun!
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I think you should do it!! Personally sounds like a great idea to me.

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

No reason why you can't hang out with the girls for fun! Heck, my friends and I do this regularly!

• C
    Super January 2020
    Cassie ·
    • Flag
    I think that’s a great idea. I actually may steal it! Lol My sister will be throwing me a party but my niece is one of my bridesmaids so that would be something she could participate in.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My sister is a bridesmaid and a couple months shy of 15 so that's part of my thinking in it too!
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    That sounds like such a great idea! Go for it!
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    So my FH and his guys are going out to the woods the day before the wedding a shooting guys, playing in the mud with the jeeps. So it will be me and my girls and the guys wives hanging out. I think we will order pizza and have some fun at my house
  • Kristin
    Devoted August 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    I think that's a great idea!
  • Stacy
    Savvy April 2019
    Stacy ·
    • Flag
    I’m going and get manicure/pedicures the Thursday night before our wedding while my boyfriend hangs out with his friends at our lake house. I really didn’t want a bachelorette party. FH and I went to Vegas together in January. We were supposed to go with my best friend and her future husband but things happened and they didn’t get to come. That would have been a sort of joint Bach party.
  • Crisa
    Expert January 2020
    Crisa ·
    • Flag
    I think it's a great idea. With all the wedding planning you have been busy with this will be really nice for you to just relax and enjoy a night with them.
  • Nicole
    Super September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I think it's a great idea!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics