Mimi
Just Said Yes September 2018

Getting fit

Mimi, on November 20, 2017 at 11:26 AM Posted in Fitness and Health

How many of me brides plan on loosing weight b4 the big day...and how are you doing so far I feel like when I go hard I do good but I fall off so easy....how do you stay on track and words of advice....by the way I'm big just a lil belly fat I have a 9 month old lol

Share:

29 Comments

• Amanda
    Super May 2018
    Amanda ·

I've been doing Weight Watchers for about a year and a half and I'm down about 65 lbs. It works for me. Along with Weight Watchers, I take a spin class about 4x a week and put in some weight training throughout the week as well.

• FutureMrs.L
    Master September 2018
    FutureMrs.L ·

If I decide to lose weight it's because I want to for every day life and to feel better. Not simply because I'm getting married.

Most diets I can't follow, and exercise is a no go. So losing weight is a challenge.

• Jennifer
    Rockstar September 2018
    Jennifer ·

I started back in Sept right after Labor day, I decided to make it a lifestyle change rather then sweating for the wedding. I work 2 jobs so I had to create a routine that would work. I run 2-3 miles 5 days a week before work & I hit the gym every day mon-fri after my day job for about an hour. It works for me and it's something I will stick to. The weight is coming off 1-2 lbs a week. Good luck!

• Christy
    Dedicated May 2018
    Christy ·

Its all in routine, mindset and preparation. I've done this a handful of times and know what works for me and also when I can fall off. My plan is starting after the holidays. With that being said my body reacts quickly, and I can lose weight and tone fairly quickly.....so it all depends on your body. My life is chaotic busy and I just don't have time for the gym (although I pay monthly for it), I plan on cutting out soda in its entirety (this alone ALWAYS knocks 5 lbs off me). I plan to meal prep on Sundays for the week. Scrambled eggs and spinach in the morning with fruit or wheat bread with peanut butter. Pack healthy snacks, such as nuts or fruit while at work. Salads, veggies and chicken for lunches as well. With all that I will be utilizing my gym at work during my lunch hour 4 of the 5 days at work to help me tone. Eat healthy and exercise is my main goal!

We can do this

• Mimi
    Mimi ·

All thanks ladies @Amanda excellent keep up the good wrk

@jennifer hey date twin I plan on make it a lifestyle too but I definitely want to look good and feel comfortable for the big day I know I have time tho

• Mimi
    Mimi ·

@chirsty yes we got this lol

@hisbeauty I use to lose it fast but number 3 kid I think that went out the window lol

• Angel
    Devoted June 2018
    Angel ·

You can't exercise away a poor diet. Nutrition is key. I suggest counting your calories and really looking at what you eat all day. I think you'll be surprised at areas you can cut. Chips for a snack? Soda? Yep... All bad. Drink plenty of water and try to eat 5 small meals a day to maintain energy and curb hunger. Skipping breakfast and then overeating when you're starving is also a bad habit.

Try to work out at least 3 times a week, 4-5 is better. I suggest HIIT that really gets your metabolism in gear.

• Jennifer
    Rockstar September 2018
    Jennifer ·

@mimi we just need to get through the holidays! We got this!

• Mimi
    Mimi ·

Thanks angel

• FutureMrs.L
    Master September 2018
    FutureMrs.L ·

I had a gym membership and cancelled it last year after the personal trainer made me feel like crap when I kept explaining what I wasn't able to do. He kept harping on me about diet, kept harping on me about high intensity workouts. I kept explaining I couldn't do those. His reply? I just enjoy being lazy and fat (I'm not even fat). I cancelled and never went back.

I eat one meal a day. I snack, usually crackers or grapes.

• Sydney
    Super August 2018
    Sydney ·

FH and I decided to make a lifestyle change. We had wanted to do this anyway but the wedding lit a fire under our booties. I had gained 5 pounds after graduating college and neither of us were working out regularly. My goal is to lose those five pounds (already down 3) and tone and his is to loose 10 (already down 7) and build 15-20 pounds of muscle. We're both tall and lean but we were getting fluffy and wanted to tone back up.

We've been eating 5 "meals" a day. Prior to this I had been eating 1,500 calories a day and trying to lose weight, but after talking with a coach I'm eating 1,800 a day and FH is eating 2,250 a day, which puts us at a small calorie deficit for our height/weight (I'm 5'8" and started at 120 and FH is 6'3" and started at 180). We also work out 5-6 times a week. I do the treadmill at a 10 incline at 3.5 mph for 30 minutes three times a week and then barre or piyo the other three times. FH does the treadmill with me three times a week and then lifts three times a week.

• christine
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    christine ·

I'm in a similar situation, I'm not overweight at all at 105, but do want to tone up my back and arms for my backless dress. I'm getting married in June and plan on beginning to lift weights beginning in like February or March. Clean eating and a light excercise, you should be ready to go!!!

• christine
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    christine ·

I too can only be good for so long lol and that is why I am starting closer to the wedding

• FutureMrsJochum
    Beginner August 2019
    FutureMrsJochum ·

I am 5'2" and was 178 when I started on October 1st. I am down 4lbs. My FH and I joined a gym and I am working with a personal trainer, I work out with him on Saturday mornings and he creates a workout plan for me 6 days a week on separate log sheets and gives them to me, I have to do one sheet a day and write what I ate for that day on the sheet, it helps me make better eating choices cause I don't want to write bad foods on the sheet lol the trainer is very much about creating long term lifestyle changes for me and FH. my goal is to be at 140 by July because that is when I want to order my dress and 125 by the wedding. I was 125 when I met FH 2yrs ago, life can get away from you but it's definitely doable to loose the weight if you put your mind to it, my trainer always has me close my eyes and list 3 reasons for why I am there before I start my workout so I know it's not just about getting sweaty or losing a few pounds but about doing better for me long term. Keep at it girl, you'll get there!

• K
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Kristin ·

I'm doing the ketogenic diet loosely. I've lost 65lbs since October 21, 2016.

• LM
    Dedicated March 2018
    LM ·

I did the "Whole Life Challenge" to build the habits and now I'm just working to maintain them. It's all about lifestyle: proper sleep, hydration, nutrition, exercise, stretching... the whole package.

I've lost 13 pounds thus far, but the best part is having more energy and feeling more positive. I definitely agree with the others about it being for you, not for the wedding. It's more likely to be effective when you justify the life changes and building new habits for a better you, not just for a specific date.

By making these /permanent/ healthy life changes, I now get to live a longer, higher quality life with this wonderful man whom inspires me to be my best self!

• E
    Just Said Yes November 2018
    Emily ·

30lbs down I need to loose 10-15 more, no meat, and gym 4 times a week. I have a kid, work and go to school full time. It's hard to stay on track but it's possible! You can do it!

• NancyCtoA
    Devoted May 2018
    NancyCtoA ·

I have a lot to lose and getting married is my extra motivation to finally get it done. I'm down 43 lbs and plan to keep going until my seamstress tells me to slow down

I've been following the Keto way of eating (extremely low carb, high fat) plus going to the gym in the morning before work. I HATE getting up early in the morning (5:30am) but it's my best way to ensure that I do it. I spend time on the treadmill and do some strength training. I've been exercising regularly since 9/4 and it truly has become a habit that has become part of my life.

• Carla
    Savvy July 2018
    Carla ·

I started working out again a couple months ago, but now due to a suspected stress fracture in my shin I can't work out until it's healed. So now I have to try and ONLY diet, which I am horrible at. I'm thinking about meal prepping salads for work.

• Megan
    Devoted January 2018
    Megan ·

I do well when I sign up for things. I just completed my first Spartan Race and felt great! Now I'm off track again because I'm not signed up for anything. There's also less intense things like mud runs, 5ks if that is more your style.

Comment on this discussion