Lyssa
Super January 2015

Garters!?

Lyssa, on June 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 21
Saved Save

Ladies! I'm trying to pick out a garter and realize that I have almost no idea where to look for one (outside of Etsy or Fredrick's). So...what did you pick and why? I'm leaning more towards something simple since literally everyone will be seeing it, but I'm (not so secretly) wanting to do something a little...flashier to make FH smile. Smiley smile

Also, since we're all WW friendly, how much did you spend on yours? How much is one supposed to spend on something like this?

Pictures if you have them!

21 Comments

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

Sorry. I'm help. I'm not wearing one. I have seen some really cute ones one's on here though. If you don't really care what color it is, or if it has a specific theme (i.e. sports team) try one of the craft shops. Michael's has them for about $5 to $12 dollars. http://www.michaels.com/search?q=wedding%20garters

• Munkos
    VIP September 2014
    Munkos ·
    • Flag

I spent $9 on mine, red and black to match the wedding colours. I got it online!

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·
    • Flag

Wish I had a photo (they don't have it on their website either). I found one that is gorgeous, looks like one I almost purchased from Etsy, but I found it at Hobby Lobby! I believe it was $12.99 and I snagged it for 50% off, its both a keepsake garter and a toss one. The one I almost purchased on Etsy was $25.00, soooo glad I ran into the one at HL.

Before that I bought a simple, single, black and white garter at Michaels for $3.00 on clearance lol.

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·
    • Flag

I bought a simple set of dark grey ones from etsy to match our colors. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/205149330

may sew FH's initial on the keeper, but not sure. i have a friend that makes fun custom lingerie and she will be making me a wedding set so that is what i will save for risque!

• diane
    Dedicated June 2014
    diane ·
    • Flag

I bought a blue garter from etsy seller, JLWeddings. It'll be my "something blue." Received within 5 days of purchase!

• J
    Beginner September 2015
    jennifer ·
    • Flag

Mine came with a set my mother in law ordered. It came with a guest book, flower girl basket, ring bearer pillow and pen. Prior to ordering this set however I went to google and searched wedding garters and it pulled up some very pretty ones. Ebay also had some pretty ones.

• L
    VIP September 2014
    LSC_sf ·
    • Flag

I got mine from etsy and love it!! It has an extra toss garter.

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing one, but we're not doing a garter toss. I bought mine on Etsy as well.

• P
    Dedicated May 2015
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I just got mine at Michaels and spent like $5. I put some bling on the center of the bow to add something to it. Possibly thinking about getting one on Etsy though... they have some cute ones

• MinD
    VIP June 2013
    MinD ·
    • Flag

I bought two from etsy - one was a nice simple white lace garter for "public" view and a sexy red and black one for later that night

• Mrs Rueckert
    Expert November 2014
    Mrs Rueckert ·
    • Flag

I'm getting one off of etsy. it will be FH's favorite football team - it is a joke between us so it will make him smile when he sees it Smiley smile

• F
    Devoted January 2015
    Future Bride ·
    • Flag

I got mine custom made w our main wedding color for less than $5 Smiley smile

• Stacelynn
    Super April 2015
    Stacelynn ·
    • Flag

I got a 2 pack from ebay for eleven bucks and its my something blue as well

• L + A
    VIP May 2015
    L + A ·
    • Flag

I'll be wearing one but we're not doing a garter toss. I have a Green Bay Packer one. My mom bought it for me, and it's my favorite team but not FH's, and she likes to use the opportunity to put Packers stuff anywhere to tease FH Smiley smile

• Maria DiFiore
    February 2020
    Maria DiFiore ·
    • Flag

These are my most popular sets

• Ashley
    VIP September 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

JuneBride who is the Etsy seller if you don't mind me asking? I love your garter and am wondering if the seller has different colors.

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I have been wanting one like this forever.

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I have been wanting one like this forever.

• Megan
    Expert October 2014
    Megan ·
    • Flag

The two I like on etsy are between $30-40 and very elaborate Smiley smile Both are lace and have nice toss garters. Mine is going to be seen for pictures so I wanted it to be really nice!

• Elizabeth  Messina
    February 2020
    Elizabeth Messina ·
    • Flag

We have simple, beautiful garter on our Etsy site that come in a variety of colors, and can also be customized to match your wedding colors.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BridalBeltsandSashes

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics