Sara
Super July 2019

fs wedding day gift

Sara, on March 7, 2019 at 3:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save

What are you getting FS as a gift for your wedding day?

18 Comments

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

Myself? The wedding? Lol, jokes aside, we just wrote each other really meaningful letters. We paid for a lot of the wedding ourselves, and we buy each other gifts often so we didn't see the point in giving each other gifts. We also got married shortly after Christmas, so there was really not a single thing either of us needed or wanted.

The gift we gave each other is marriage, and our vows, technically. I found WAY more meaning in his words that he wrote for me than in any piece of jewelry or watch you can buy from a store.

• Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·

We decided to skip gifting to each other on wedding day, just because there are so many other expenses and gifts to give!

• Mrs. J Robinson
    Super March 2019
    Mrs. J Robinson ·
    I upgraded our hotel room at the resort for the honeymoon. I upgraded it to a Junior Swim Up Suite so there’s a pool that’s attached to our room. He LIVES in the water and he originally wanted a room like this but all the ones that we saw were expensive...but I had been saving on the side without him knowing lol...I also made a reservation for us to have dinner on the beach at sunset. He’s already excited for the honeymoon but I can’t wait until he sees everything!
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    I'm giving my fh a little book with boudoir photos in it. I got the package for a dollar (black friday), so I didnt pass it up. Other than that. Nothing lol. We agreed no gifts because we're already spending so much. But because of the price, I'm surprising him.
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·

We're skipping it. We're spending enough of our own money on the wedding and honeymoon as is. I don't see the point personally in buying yet another gift for someone. Write a letter, write in a journal for 30 days of the memories and how you can't wait to be the husband/wife, etc is an idea.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·

Honestly, it will all depend on budget. If we can afford gifts, we plan to gift each other fishing kayaks. Otherwise, it will be a sentimental note since we aren't writing our own vows.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    I bought FH a bottle of his fave cologne. Hes been out for forever and i thought it was a nice touch. I'm not expecting anything back from him though.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment

This! Our wedding was our gift. We wrote our own vows which seemed special enough.

If you want ideas, a nice watch or a bottle of Scotch (or whatever alcohol he likes) would be nice.

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·

I'm contemplating doing a boudoir shoot, but other than that, we probably won't do gifts. We haven't discussed it yet, but I would rather do a sweet note to each other. The entire wedding is a gift (and an expensive one!) so I don't really see a need to do gifts to each other on top of celebrating our love through marriage!

• Iris
    Expert May 2019
    Iris ·
    I did a Boudoir photo shoot and the gift is the album with a sweet note and my vows (we’re getting married by the Catholic Church and the vows I wrote cannot be used).
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    I also did a boudoir book. But it was more for me than for him bc I wanted to celebrate my body and remember how it is now before I start getting older.
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·

I got FH a pair of cufflinks off Etsy that have our initials, wedding date, and the coordinates of our venue. Totally inexpensive.

• Christina
    Dedicated October 2019
    Christina ·

I got a really pretty leather bound journal with textured paper the day after we got engaged and have been writing in it almost every day since we got engaged. I'm writing little love notes to him, things I want to remember, funny quotes from our date nights(we joke with each other A LOT), inserting some pictures from date nights, etc. I wrote "To my husband on our wedding day" on the first page.

• Kelly
    Dedicated June 2019
    Kelly ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my gosh this is the cutest, sweetest thing ever!! He’s going to love it and you guys can look back on it together and laugh at your old jokes! I wish I had thought of this. Although I guess it’s not too late 🤔
  • Christina
    Dedicated October 2019
    Christina ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. 😊 You should totally do it! It’s definitely not too late to start! And you guys could add to it on your honeymoon together.
  • Mo
    Devoted September 2019
    Mo ·
    FH’s mom gave me his dad’s old watch that I’m having cleaned, tuned, and engraved. His dad passed the year we started dating. He doesn’t know I have the watch, so I think it’ll be meaningful without breaking the bank.
  • Clara
    Dedicated August 2019
    Clara ·
    View Quoted Comment

This is so sweet of you!! That will be special! My FH and I love surprising each other with experience related gifts. I am going to keep something like this in mind when planning our honeymoon.

• C
    Savvy August 2020
    Chloe ·
    We love travel, so I’m planning on giving him a really nice globe for his office. He mentioned once that he had always wanted one, so thought it would be a nice little reminder of all of our fun trips we’ve taken, and the ones we have planned while he’s working

Comment on this discussion