June2020
Dedicated June 2020

Front Bustle....after the heels come off

June2020, on March 22, 2019 at 3:22 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save

Bustle the very front for dancing after the heels come off?Front Bustle....after the heels come off 1

I been looking for a way to be able to wear heels for my ceremony and maybe first dance if my toes can handle it ... and I know for majority of the rest of the night i'm gonna be Barefooting it, Maybe put on some footless sandals for fun to dress them up

Once I take off the heels it is gonna cause me a 3 inch drop in height at the least, and thats alot of dress to be dragging up front while dancing. I been searching for ideas and i came across someone talking about a front bustle... why did i never think of this???

Because of the style dress I'v chosen i think it might work really well so I'm not tripping over the front of my dress. I don't care much for the back and sides , it can drag a little.

has anyone else done this? And do you think this will look okay? and how far up should I go? (floor sweep, ankle, high-low... little crazy and go higher being its just gonna be the front center of the dress the side/back will still be down)

9 Comments

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·

I just googled front bustle and I'm not a huge fan but I'm sure you could get your seamstress to pin it up to show you what it would look like! I will be getting some wedge fashion sneakers to dance the night away in! I do think if you did it, it would be cool to go high-low to show off footless sandals!

• Brittany
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittany ·
    I honestly wouldn’t bother wearing heels. No one is going to see them. Why not wear comfy flats knowing that you want to be comfortable in the reception?
  • A
    Savvy May 2019
    Ariana ·

I would wear nice flats for the ceremony and have the dress hemmed accordingly.

I don't think a front bustle will look pretty and it will take away from the dress.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·

Although a front bustle is a new term for me, I would suggest you pin it up at the different lengths to see how high to bustle. It's too hard to look and just guess.

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·

I've never heard of a front bustle, but it is really worth going through all that extra hassle and alteration expense just to wears heels for a short amount of time? Personally, I would just wear flats and have it altered to the correct length. But if heels are important to you and you like the way a front bustle looks, go for it!

• Alyssa
    Dedicated June 2019
    Alyssa ·
    Wow, what a beautiful dress. It reminds me of mine!
  • Expert October 2020
    ·
    I’m also wearing heels for the ceremony and then changing to much lower sperrys. I’m glad you made this post. My thoughts are the front bustle looks good. My first worry is comfort though, so my opinion might be the unpopular one. I found these pictures and I don’t think it looks bad at all. The second picture is actually my wedding gown (on someone else). I also agree with the pp about doing the high low bustle. The last picture is super cute and would look great with your dress style.

Front Bustle....after the heels come off 2

Front Bustle....after the heels come off 3

Front Bustle....after the heels come off 4
  • Darcy
    Dedicated May 2019
    Darcy ·
    I bought platform sneakers for the dancing part of the night. They’re the same height as my ceremony shoes so I wouldn’t have to worry about the dress dragging too much if I wanted to take my shoes of.

More afordable than having more alterations done done to the dress if you wanted to explore your options.
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    Why just not wear comfortable shoes all night? Nobody says you have to wear crazy high heels for your ceremony. Also with your dress nobody will ever see the heels, except for the front part of the shoe, depending on dress length.
    I’ll be wearing 2” super comfy heels all day. They have georgeous front part, which again is the only thing that will be seen. Other comfortable options that would look great are wedges, low block heels, or pointy toe flats, maybe with some bling etc.

Comment on this discussion