P.F.
Super May 2018

Forgot moh bouquet/general question

P.F., on May 2, 2018 at 7:30 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 5
Saved Save
FH makes beautiful bouquets so I took him to Hobby Lobby and he put together a lovely bouquet of lilies for me. Lilies are no where else in the wedding decor at all but I wanted a bouquet of them because they are my favorite flower.

I forgot to have him make a bouquet for my MOH which isn't a big deal but I would like your thoughts.

My question is: should she have just a single Lily with a ribbon wrapped around it? Would that look okay? These aren't great looking lilies but I haven't been able to find particularly nice looking fake ones. I'm pleased with my bouquet but it only looked good with a certain arrangement. FH had to play with it a lot to turn it into something lovely.
I don't want her to have the same size bouquet as me or at least not the same exact bouquet.
So if one Lily would look bad then should she have a bouquet made of the wedding flowers instead? Would it be odd that only I have lilies?

I know some of you will suggest I talk to a florist which would normally be a good response but please know that I will not consider a florist at all. Live flowers are extremely harmful to my grandmother so I will not be having them.

Thanks! (Also, let me know if this didn't make sense)

5 Comments

• Forestwed
    Master May 2018
    Forestwed ·
    • Flag
    I would have her bouquet be the wedding flowers. It’s okay that you have a special bouquet with special flowers
  • P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Great! It was a lot easier for FH to make a pretty bouquet out of wedding flowers than it was for the lilies lol. But then I asked him to do just lilies instead. Thank you!
  • Christin
    Devoted May 2019
    Christin ·
    • Flag
    I agree and think it's fine if your flowers are different!
  • M
    Devoted March 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    You are the bride, you can carry a watermelon if you wanted to! (It may raise some eyebrows but hey, whatever) The bridal party doesn't have to match you at all.
  • P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol! I like that!😂

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics