Raven*
VIP June 2014

For those not getting married in a church....

Raven*, on October 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM Posted in Planning 0 22
Saved Save

Ceremony decoration pictures anyone? I am getting married at the same location as my reception in a banquet hall, I need inspiration! I am going to try pinterest too Smiley smile

anyone completely doing decorations on their own?

22 Comments

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

This is my ceremony space. And this is how I'm decorating as well.

Edit: really plain and let the lighting do the work.

• Angel
    Super March 2014
    Angel ·
    • Flag

Me too! I'm doing it all in the same place.

Check these out

http://eventprotraining.com/2013/04/how-to-do-the-ceremony-and-reception-in-the-same-room-embassy-suites/

What troubles are you running into?

• *Aly*
    Super April 2014
    *Aly* ·
    • Flag

Yes give us some inspiration ladies cause im blank on this one lol!

• Mrs. McWilliams
    Super December 2013
    Mrs. McWilliams ·
    • Flag

Gorgeous uplighting! Mine is similiar (colorwise) Our celebration is all at the same venue as well! I can't seem to attach my photos, I can email you what our ceremony/reception will look like if that will help?

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Sorry. No help here! In order for my ceremony space to be approved, I had to agree to no decorations. Not that it needs it.

• S
    VIP October 2014
    SoontobeMrsGlover ·
    • Flag

Our wedding and reception is at the same venue as well..

• Raven*
    VIP June 2014
    Raven* ·
    • Flag

@Niecy - that's beautiful!

@Angel - thanks for the link! I am just running into the trouble of not wanting to spend too much, I also want to do the decorating myself as opposed to hiring someone. The venue lets me use their backdrop, steps for the stage, and 6 pillars for free - so hopefully it's a good start for me. - Not really looking for too extravagant decor for the ceremony.

@TheFutureMrsMcWilliams - that would be PERFECT my email is *****.***********@*****.***

• Angel
    Super March 2014
    Angel ·
    • Flag

@Raven For me I am letting my centerpieces "do the work". If your centerpieces are the bomb, you wont have to add much .That is what makes the room "pop" .Extravagant centerpeices,chair covers and rose pedals, is all I am doing

• SXC
    VIP November 2013
    SXC ·
    • Flag

Eh, my ceremony and reception is in an aquarium. So unless you have a giant fish tank at your disposal, I won't be any help. However since it's a "flipped" room, centerpieces will double as aisle decor.

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

It ended up not even being what we had discussed, but I didn't really care because my ceremony was like 20 minutes long and I just went with whatever they set up...here is what it looked like with us on it...

ETA, there were like candle things along the aisle and some other stuff on the floor you can kinda see.

• *Mrs.Snyder
    Super November 2013
    *Mrs.Snyder ·
    • Flag

My ceremony and reception is in the same space as a very old mill and it has white Christmas lights on it to give it that old rustic feel which is what I was looking for.

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

Thanks. I'm a sucker for draping. I really want to do ribbon down the aisle so that people won't step in the aisle to take pictures.

This is not my pic. But something like this.

• Mrs. McWilliams
    Super December 2013
    Mrs. McWilliams ·
    • Flag

On it's way to you!

• MRS.TELISNOR
    Just Said Yes August 2014
    MRS.TELISNOR ·
    • Flag

This is Gorgeous, I'm having my wedding in Orlando too i should check this place out i still haven't found the perfect spot yet.

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

This is my venue. most of the decor will be supplied by them. I got silver chair covers and purple sashes for the chairs. I might get some tall vases with floating candles for the aisle but the venue said they might have some we can use. Have yet to look at them though. One of the pics is one I particularly like of the aisle. The other pics are an example of the uplighting that comes with it (can switch colors) and then the layout of the entire balloom, it's a big L shape with the bar to the far left. The ceremony and reception take place in this room.

• P
    Expert December 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

My ceremony and reception are being held at the same place. There is a lot of natural beauty there so my decorator will only be adding a couple of things to the reception space. Basically my venue is a big old dairy barn that was relocated to Arizona from Wisconsin. We'll have galvanized tubs with babys breath down the aisle with lots of rustic/country decor along with it.

• Raven*
    VIP June 2014
    Raven* ·
    • Flag

Is anyone completely doing ceremony decorations on their own?

• LoLita
    Savvy July 2015
    LoLita ·
    • Flag

Hello! I am doing everything myself and I am going with a feathered theme... I have a year to plan Smiley smile

• Gris
    Super December 2013
    Gris ·
    • Flag

I'm also having my ceremony, and reception at the venue.

this is part of my venue. and so far all I know is that i want the chairs like the bottom picture, I don't know much about the decor.

• Raven*
    VIP June 2014
    Raven* ·
    • Flag

Love these ideas!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics