kt
Dedicated November 2009

For newlyweds going to a beach for their honeymoon..

kt, on May 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save

Take your wedding bands off before going into the water!!!! We just recently got from the Bahamas (for a second honeymoonSmiley smile ) and my hubby lost his wedding band in the ocean...He only had it for 5 months Smiley sad So learn from our mistakes- Keep them in a safe in your hotel room! BTW- I have finally posted pics if anyone is interested. Anyone know how to rotate them?? I tried while downloading but it still didn't work...

13 Comments

• A
    Dedicated May 2011
    Anna ·
    • Flag

I have also heard that the metal turns color...is that true?

• ♥ Elizabeth Nicole ♥
    Master May 2011
    ♥ Elizabeth Nicole ♥ ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry!! I guess that's why people choose jewelry to travel with in place of their wedding bands? Although, I'm guessing that this isn't customary for men. I'm still going back and forth with wanting to leave mine behind when I go on my HM. I don't know if I'll be able to leave it behind, but I also don't want it getting stolen or lost. We shall see, I still have plenty of time to decide on what I want to do exactly.

• S
    Super September 2010
    SBNG ·
    • Flag

The same thing happened to my FH best friend Tony. He lost his band in the water and he had it for less then a week Smiley tongue

• J.S.
    Master June 2010
    J.S. ·
    • Flag

I'm taking mine. I bought insurance on it through State Farm. It's like 1% of what my ring cost (paid each year). I wanted to leave it at home, but FH said not to worry about it since it can always be replaced.

• JJ
    Master December 2009
    JJ ·
    • Flag

I didn't bring mine on my HM.

I didn't have time to buy a fake.

Sorry that happened to you guys!! Does your credit card have extended warranty or protection maybe? Perhaps you can get a new one from the same store and tell them what happened? Maybe they can do something for you guys, a discount?

• Nicci
    Master July 2010
    Nicci ·
    • Flag

Awwwww that sucks!!!! :-( Im sorry..my brother lost his a few months after having it too...not as gorgeous as the ocean...he was feeding cattle. Either way.. it's sucky

• Analy aka T-waffle
    Master October 2009
    Analy aka T-waffle ·
    • Flag

Ana- no, not true unless it is sterling silver. Gold and platinum do not tarnish in salt water

Be sure to add your rings to your homeowner's policy! this is a greaqt example of why!!

So sorry that happened to you Smiley sad

• D
    Devoted May 2011
    Diane ·
    • Flag

My FSIL lost her wedding/e-ring that way...and it was a family heirloom! They had insurance and got a replicate made but it still sucks to lose the original! Sorry you had to deal with that...good tip!

• Lacy
    Master October 2017
    Lacy ·
    • Flag

Sorry that happened! About the rotation, you need to open them on your computer, rotate them with your photo viewer and then resave them. Resaving them will keep the picture right-side up.

• * maryke
    VIP July 2010
    * maryke ·
    • Flag

I always leave my ring in the room. Can't be TOO careful!

• C
    VIP October 2010
    Christie ·
    • Flag

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry to hear your husband lost his ring.

• DawnDawn
    VIP March 2010
    DawnDawn ·
    • Flag

I didn't even take mine along. It wasn't worth the risk of damaging or losing it. Mine is a pearl (delicate) with MIL's diamond (irreplaceable).

• JJ
    Master December 2009
    JJ ·
    • Flag

My hubby just lost his ring this weekend. sucks.

He actually took it off and left it on top of some paper/old magazines/ad flyers on the coffee table. There is a lot of stuff on our table.

I weas cleaning up and taking out the trash the night before.

I didn't see it! Since he is supposed to place it in the dish (that I bought for him for this purpose )next to his nightstand.

But he was too tired, sick, and just left it on the coffee table in the living room.

I think I threw out the paper/magazine/flyer and I didn't see it!

I may have thrown out his ring!

The garbage ppl came the next morning.

We didn't even realize it until the afternoon.

He wasn't even worried about it! But I was! So I told him that I didn't see his ring in the dish!!!!

Then it was a mad scramble.

And too late.

But yeah, I think I threw it out with the old flyers and magazines.

*crap*!!!!!

Comment on this discussion