Fernandez2018
Super August 2018

Food Truck...Yea? No? Maybe?

Fernandez2018, on June 24, 2016 at 1:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 51
Saved Save

I did find a previous post from about 2 years ago but wanted to get some new input. FH and I already have a venue booked and even though it is inside there is an outside area where the truck(s) can park. FH really likes the idea of the food trucks, I am very back and forth about it. Have any of you used food truck(s) and how did that go?

51 Comments

• FutureMrsWallace
    VIP July 2016
    FutureMrsWallace ·
    • Flag

Food Trucks for late night snack or as everyone is leaving?

• Fernandez2018
    Super August 2018
    Fernandez2018 ·
    • Flag

More like for dinner. We thought about buffet so the food truck can be a different/fun option.

• Haley
    VIP October 2016
    Haley ·
    • Flag

We're having a food truck. They'll set up buffet-style appetizers for cocktail hour, dinner from the truck and then dessert brought to the tables. This company does weddings all the time and I have found nothing but good reviews so I'm pretty excited.

• FutureMrsWallace
    VIP July 2016
    FutureMrsWallace ·
    • Flag

I feel like that could get complicated? You would need a few trucks to keep the lines down

ETA: I stand corrected lol

• Fernandez2018
    Super August 2018
    Fernandez2018 ·
    • Flag

@Haley yes that sounds like what we want. What kind of food are you having if you dont mind me asking?

• Fernandez2018
    Super August 2018
    Fernandez2018 ·
    • Flag

Our guest list is 80 MAX. I don't think it will be too complicated but i have also thought about having 2 trucks so the guests can have some options.

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

You'll need enough trucks to guests so that there isn't a long wait. I read somewhere (here?) that a poster went to this type of wedding but there was 1/2 hour wait.

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

Food truck weddings are AMAZING! If thats your style then totally go with it. Some people talk about etiquette this and that but if that fits you then do it. A wedding day should completely represent the couple.

• Fernandez2018
    Super August 2018
    Fernandez2018 ·
    • Flag

I'm thinking if we do a buffet people are going to make a like regardless. Obviously I don't want people to wait in line for a very long time which is why i was thinking of having 2 trucks for options and also to keep the lines shorter.

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

Sounds amazing I'd love that then!

• Haley
    VIP October 2016
    Haley ·
    • Flag

@Fernandez2018

Appetizers:

Southwest Eggrolls

Apple and fig bruschetta

Asparagus and prosciutto bruschetta

Main course:

Two options of gourmet burgers

Falafel burger (vegetarian option)

Dessert:

Stuffed churros with Mexican chocolate

• Bacon Curly Gurl
    VIP September 2016
    Bacon Curly Gurl ·
    • Flag

I went to a wedding that had food trucks and it was great. To keep long lines from forming, the DJ dismissed tables just as he would for a buffet and no one waited too long. Like PP's, try to go with food trucks that have done weddings before and you shouldn't have a problem OP.

• Jeleebeenz
    VIP September 2015
    Jeleebeenz ·
    • Flag

Bacon Curly Gurl - how long was there between tables getting dismissed? 8 people can make it through a buffet line much faster than a food truck line and I just can't wrap my head around the logistics of this.

• OhCarol!
    Expert July 2016
    OhCarol! ·
    • Flag

It sounds great!

• Fernandez2018
    Super August 2018
    Fernandez2018 ·
    • Flag

@Haley that sounds amazing! You had the option to choose from their regular menu right?

@baconcurlygurl that's a good idea to have some control over the lines.

• Fernandez2018
    Super August 2018
    Fernandez2018 ·
    • Flag

@collen we are both laid back and we didn't really mind having a buffet style dinner to begin with. FH found an article about the food trucks at weddings and now that's all he talks about lol.

• BoozyBaker
    Master January 2017
    BoozyBaker ·
    • Flag

That sounds awesome! I'm all for it!

• Haley
    VIP October 2016
    Haley ·
    • Flag

@Fernandez2018 yes we chose the burger options from their regular menu that they offer from their truck for street fairs and what not. The appetizers and dessert were chosen from their catering menu.

• T
    Devoted April 2017
    That One Chick ·
    • Flag

We're doing a food truck wedding, too. FH picked it out....It's a great place that's been featured on a few TV shows, and has several brick and mortar locations around the area as well as the original traveling food truck.

We're not worried about lines, because we're having a tiny wedding (fewer than 30 guests). I probably wouldn't consider it if we were having a bigger wedding...it just seems like a headache trying to figure out the timing for anything more than 50 people. I'd be worried that some people would get cold food, and some people would already be done eating before others even got their food.

• Fernandez2018
    Super August 2018
    Fernandez2018 ·
    • Flag

@boozyBaker It sounds like it would be fun and different.

@Haley oh ok got it makes sense. i know there are a lot of different food truck options here in Atlanta so I guess we have some work to do.

ETA: @That One Chick Yea you have a point which is I guess my biggest concern. I'm sure if the truck only has specific food or if people can pick what they want before so that the truck has an estimate of how maybe people will be eating A and how many will be eating B it can help with the lines.

Comment on this discussion