A
Savvy November 2018

Flowers!!

Amanda , on Dec 4, 2017 at 2:14 PM Posted in Style and Décor

Lets talk flowers ladies. I'm just curious if yall did real or fake and pros and cons of each. Thank you(:

Share:

28 Comments

• P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·

I did fake because real ones would kill my grandmother. With that being my reason I can't tell you if real are better or worse. However, I am getting my flowers cheap by waiting for Hobby lobby flower sales

• Annie
    Expert October 2018
    Annie ·

I'm doing real flowers. I personally like the look better, and also real flowers can be cheaper. High quality fake flowers can be very expensive, so if you're undecided ask your florist about quotes for real and fake.

• LP-WiscoBride
    Dedicated November 2018
    LP-WiscoBride ·

Love the look of real, but I'm doing fake. I know typically fake flowers end up costing about the same as real. However, in my case my flowers are fall colors, so I was able to buy them this year when places like Michaels and Joann fabrics put their fall floral on clearance. So I saved a ton. I am making my own bouquets, centerpieces, corsages, etc.

• WED18
    WED18 ·

I love real flowers. When I see flowers at a wedding or other event, I always check them out. If they look real, I'll notice they're fake when I touch or smell them. Once I realize they're fake I'm no longer impressed regardless of how much you spent on them. I would prefer smaller real flowers over fake any day. The only exception would be for allergies or decor that can't be touched.

• FutureMrsKC
    Super January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

My bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets will be fake made with silk and real feel flowers. All of our centerpieces are candles and greenery. The greenery on the tables will be real. Flowers aren't that important to us, and I wouldn't put fake flowers on all of the tables. No one will be touching my bouquet to know its fake so I'm not concerned.

• Natalie
    Super September 2017
    Natalie ·

Mine were real and so happy I went that route. I just love the look and smell of real flowers. We got all of ours through Kroger and the price and quality was amazing!! I honestly think we paid less than we would have for fake!

• C
    Savvy August 2018
    Courtney ·

I like the look of real flowers, so ours are real.

• happeningmom ·

Bridal party flowers will be real however all floral for the ceremony and reception site will be real feel as the venue supplies everything.

• Lissia
    Dedicated December 2017
    Lissia ·

I went with real from Sam's Club. The bouquets and things all come pre-made for a very affordable price.

• M
    Savvy September 2018
    marissa ·

I am doing sola wood flowers, I love them

• M
    Savvy September 2018
    marissa ·

Here they are

• Grace
    Beginner March 2018
    Grace ·

I swore I would never do fake but I'm doing silk flowers for my bouquet, MOH, and the bouts. The quotes I got for the look I wanted was twice what my silk flowers cost. The colors and look were more important to me than having real flowers. We're doing crepe paper flowers for the tables because I love paper crafts. I may end up having my bouquets and bouts made from the crepe flowers too but I wanted to have a solid backup in case I didn't like it.

• FutureMrsThomas
    Savvy December 2017
    FutureMrsThomas ·

I was going to do fake flowers but then I started thinking why put so much extra stress on my plate to deal with when I could just let someone else take care of it? So I ended up finding a really good quote and went with it. They have been amazing and I seriously can't wait to see the finished product!

• Nikki
    Expert May 2018
    Nikki ·

100% real. I'd personally rather have no flowers than fake ones. It just reminds me of the terrible pink & blue fake arrangements in my aunt's house in the 90s. In order to make my budget work we're repurposing reception centerpieces as altar sprays on venue provided pillars. And we don't have a bridal party so my bouquet is the only one. I decided to cut out a photo booth so we could afford 11 centerpieces.

• Julie
    Dedicated June 2018
    Julie ·

I’m not sure I can handle fake flowers although we are having DH and I saw earlier today some floral place in Miami wanted $8,000 for flowers. I didn’t even look to see what all was included other than NO WAY. I think with Pinterest now all the ideas no one would even think are possible are possible. Plus now their is so many different things you can incorporate in your wedding that it doesn’t even have to be flowers anymore.

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    Lisa ·

I honestly never understand why people prefer fake over real flowers. I always hear "we want to keep them"..... ummm why? I mean honestly in 50 years are you going to look back and really want to have your flowers laying around somewhere? I know everyone has their reasons but I personally love real flowers and price wise, they aren't that much cheaper - I've bought fake flowers (for a friends wedding) and spent so much money! I would have much rather purchased the real deal, and the fake ones all went in the trash... nobody (including the bride who initially wanted to keep) wanted them by the time it was over. My future SIL said the same thing and that she wanted to keep them forever, look who is getting a divorce now! Pretty sure she doesn't give a damn about those flowers now..... I know that sounds awful but I just really don't understand the overall fake flower concept for weddings. My wedding is 6/22/19 so we have a while but we will definitely have real flowers and I'll post a picture of the look I'm going for - I actually chose the colors we are using based on the fact that I want the flowers to be a major focal point of the decor.

Also I might add, I have seen some pretty fake flower bouquets and they were nice, but they didn't have the wow factor than if they had been real. I am also allergic to a lot of flowers and plants, but that doesn't stop me from wanting them and its not like I'll be laying in them all day either...

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    Lisa ·

I also like what a lot of people are mentioning too about how a lot of weddings now are using alternatives to flowers (jars, lanterns, candles, etc.) which I think is a neat idea! I also DO like the use of branches and those similar florals but that is it! Every other fake flower makes me cringe!

• Miaaa
    Expert January 2018
    Miaaa ·

I love real flowers (as does my family who grows some) so I'm using real. I'm also one of those people who will go up to flowers and smell and touch them so I'd immediately know if they're fake. If they smell good that is even better! There have been fake bouquets on here that I thought looked great too. If my FH had an allergy to flowers, we'd be using fake (or if anyone in the wedding party or VIPs did). I shopped around for a good deal and got a lot of flowers for the money I'm spending.

• btbride
    Savvy August 2019
    btbride ·

I went to a wedding this summer where the bride used sola wood flowers and I absolutely LOVED them, so for bouquets and centerpieces I'm hoping to use them with a mix of silk greenery, dried lavender from a family friend's farm, and some flowers made from book pages!

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    Lisa ·

Forgot to post my photo lol

Comment on this discussion