Michelle
Devoted October 2011

Flowers from BunchesDirect arrived on Wednesday....

Michelle, on October 14, 2011 at 7:57 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 11
Saved Save

So my sunflowers arrived from bunchesdirect.com on Wednesday and they weren't really what I was expecting. I was expecting medium and I got petite and they weren't in the best shape. Acceptable to some, but not for my big day. Thank goodness my sisters friend is a florist. We called on her for help and at 4:30 am yesterday I went with her into Boston to the Flower Market and was able to buy the flowers I wanted, medium sunflowers, lavender and fillers. Tomorrow is the big day and today all my friends arrive to help with the food prep and flower arrangements! As of now, the weather for tomorrow is partly cloudy which to me, really means partly SUNNY!!

If any of you are in the Boston area and know a florist that will take you to the flower market if you are doing your own flowers - go for it!! It can't hurt to ask, all they can say is no!

Good luck to the rest of you getting married tomorrow!! YAY

11 Comments

• Reina
    VIP April 2012
    Reina ·
    • Flag

Congratulations. I miss Boston & the flower market (home) Try and relax before your big day and wishing you lots of sun tomorrow

• Marie S. (aka Princess Leia)
    Master October 2012
    Marie S. (aka Princess Leia) ·
    • Flag

Thanks for the heads up and truly wish you a wonderful blessed day tomorrow! Peace be with you!

• H
    Devoted September 2012
    Holly ·
    • Flag

Aw congrats! Glad it worked out! And I think your glass is half-full attitude is great. It's YOUR day, enjoy it! Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Devoted October 2011
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Thanks all! Just got back from my sisters after doing last minute prep work! I can't wait for tomorrow to get here! No matter what, it will be a beautiful day! I'll be sure to post pictures next week!

Until then!!

• Michelle
    Devoted October 2011
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Riena- where are you now!? I lived in CA until a year ago and am so happy I moved back to the Boston area - home sweet home!

• Peony
    Expert October 2015
    Peony ·
    • Flag

I'm glad you were able to get the right flowers.

I've been given flowers from ProFlowers before and they came a bit small and bloomed really large. I don't know if that is the case with your flowers, but with sunflowers, they don't really bloom and get bigger, so I dunno...

Anyway, I'm glad everything worked out Smiley smile

• MICHELLE
    Savvy September 2012
    MICHELLE ·
    • Flag

Ugh - luckily you were able to make that right. i ordered from bunches direct too - expecting purple flowers but pink came instead (and two different shades). what a disaster. was on the phone with them for hours trying to get a new shipment and/or some money back and they did neither...thankfully we just made it work and the centerpieces came out great (was for an engagement party - would def not recommend bunches direct to anyone - esp for their wedding) see what they showed on their website vs what actually came.

• bert's girl
    Master April 2012
    bert's girl ·
    • Flag

I'm glad that was fixed!!

• Private User
    VIP October 2022
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Have a great day! Can't wait to see pictures!

• Blanca
    Super March 2012
    Blanca ·
    • Flag

Glad you solved the flower problem!! Congrats on your day today, enjoy it to the fullest!

• S
    Just Said Yes August 2011
    sharan ·
    • Flag

I had an excellent experience using Bunches Direct. They had all the flowers I was looking for and I saved a lot of money. We put together all the bouquets and boutonnieres ourselves and they looked wonderful! The flowers and greens were fresh and beautiful. I would recommend Bunches Direct anytime! I do see the difference in color above but you have to note flowers are a natural product and it is hard to get exactly what you see.... I researched this issue myself when buying and found that none of the bulk flowers sites can guarantee color. I also found that purple is a tricky color especially. anyways I hope everyone enjoyed there day as I did!

Comment on this discussion