We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Abiti
VIP June 2012

Flower ideas, HELP! Hayley where are you ? :) *pics*

Abiti, on January 21, 2012 at 1:48 AM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved Save

Hi everyone. 145 days left and I think I may have found our florist. However, I am having a difficult time deciding on the kind of flowers I want.

My wedding colors are raspberry(fuschia) and ivory. I thought I wanted a white bouquet but I was thinking of having the BMs do white and I do pink. Or I do white and pink and they do the raspeberry with a soft pink mix.

I dont know what type of flower I want. I thought I wanted roses but I want to save money. Below are a few of the direction I am heading or thinking about. Any ideas and suggestions welcome. I appreciate it ! Smiley smile

26 Comments

• FMC
    Master June 2012
    FMC ·
    • Flag

With your colors being ivory are you wearing ivory?

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

Yes, I am the only one wearing ivory and FH's shirt. and the centerpieces are ivory thats about it.

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

Hey Abiti ~

Do you have Links to your dress and BM dress?

Let me do a visual mock up and then you will know.

• FMC
    Master June 2012
    FMC ·
    • Flag

Have you tried to look at a white bouquet against an ivory dress?

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

@ Hayle is http://alexiadesigns.com/Bridesmaids/Alexia-Bridesmaids/-Gathered,Strapless-Style-C972/ but raspeberry color.

@FMC I have and I love it but a florist told me that when its like that the flower will blend in with my dress. Our photographer also says color stands out more in pics. im conflicted. almost ready to give up on flowers lol

• Alina
    VIP August 2012
    Alina ·
    • Flag

I like the middle bouquet! I think the mix of pinks is really cute. I also like the idea of having yours be pink and the girls be white.

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

I don't feel like doing the math... what month is 145 days away? I want to pull flowers that are in season.

Do you have a link for your dress? Or I'll just use a random picture if you don't want to post it.

• Agata
    Expert June 2012
    Agata ·
    • Flag

145 days is roughly 5 months, so June.

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

@ Alina, surprisingly pic # 2 are carnations and i was surprised. i think we might do that cuz FH liked that idea too

@Hayley- lol its June. I cant post the dress because FH now checks wedding wire to be nosey. I will post a random photo tho. lol

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

Thanks ~ I know... 30 days to a month.... blah blah blah.... too late for math

both are all carnations

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

I love it. Thank you Hayley! like I always say, u r amazing! could u please try with the girls pink flowers and mine white please, if you have time "Smiley smile

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

Do you like calla lilies or roses? or want to stick with the carnation idea?

I would still have Some color in yours and not all white....

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

More

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

I like the roses and yes i agree, definitely have some color. thanks you sooo much! i very much appreciate it!. what do you think about carnations? on a brighter side i think they would definitely be cheaper but I'm not familar with them being it will be summer. I wanted my flowers to match with the girls. unless i mix roses and carnations?

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

You could have a carnation base to yours and the pops of color can be roses... like the last example. (You are the Bride and can have something in yours that makes it special)

The ladies can have All carnations. Lots of color and a pop of white (also like the last one)

Here is a site with examples of flowers available in June if you want to check it out.

http://www.freshroses.com/jun.html

You could also check this site... use the "flower guide" and search by the name of the flower and it will tell you all about it *carnations are available year round

http://ubloom.com/flower-guide/

This one is kinda neat.. I wonder if it is expensive....

http://ubloom.com/blog/flower-resources/carnation-purple-moonshadow-miniature/

• Tammy
    Super May 2012
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

I like the girls in white and your's in color. And I really like the carnations! I've always been a big fan of carnations.

I also love baby's breath bouquets!

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

@ Hayley thank you very much again! will look at those sites.

@Tammy, thanks for the pics. i love the first one so beautiful! Smiley smile and thanks for your feedback, i appreciate it

• Monique  Wilber
    June 2020
    Monique Wilber ·
    • Flag

@Hayley you are amazing and these ladies are lucky to have you Smiley smile

I love the raspberry carnations massed together, they look so modern!

@Abiti, if you want white/ivory flowers, have the florist "collar" them in green leaves or other type of collar, then they will pop.

@Tammy...Smiley winking. The third photo of just baby's breath is my work! Thanks!

• Michelle
    Super June 2012
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Are carnations a cheaper flower?

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

Thank you Monique Smiley smile that is what I was thinking if i do white flowers. '

@Michelle, that is the impression I am under that they are a bit cheaper. that is what one of the florists mentioned.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles