Tricia
Savvy October 2017

Flower girl dresses

Tricia, on May 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save

My two beautiful flower girls are both 6 years old, but are so different in size. I'm having a time finding dresses that are in both size groups. One is a size 16 or 14.5 plus, and the other is a size 6. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, what did you do? Thanks in advance to all who respond!

11 Comments

• TeamEJ2009
    Devoted July 2017
    TeamEJ2009 ·

Did you check out David's bridal?

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·

David's Bridal should certainly be able to accommodate that, or Amazon might be a place to look, or check out a department store for white party dresses, communion dresses, or flower girl dresses. If you're not finding enough that you love you could try separates, a poofy white tulle skirt and a white blouse could be easier to find in different sizes, or look for someone on Etsy to make you something custom.

• Sos0033
    VIP September 2017
    Sos0033 ·

Most of amazon's little girl dresses start at Size 5-6 and go up to 16. Good luck!

• PaQuita
    VIP July 2017
    PaQuita ·

I had this issue...one of my fgs is a size 8-10 the other is a 14. I searched many websites but was only to find dresses in one size and not the other so I was about to just have different dresses. i ended up going to Davids Bridal.. they had a dress that was highwaisted that fits both girls so it has extra room around the waist. I suggest taking them in the store to try them on.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·

I had this issue because my FGs are 10 and 7, and my 10-year-old niece is very tall. The bridal shop ordered the dress for my niece two sizes too big, and then we had it altered.

• Powers2
    Master April 2018
    Powers2 ·

Try JCP, I know they make girls plus sizes.

• APZ
    VIP March 2017
    APZ ·

Are you wanting to have them in the exact same dress? Mine each wore a different dress because they had a big age and size gap. The older one didn't want to look like a "baby" and match her little sister. She wanted to look more like the big girls. So the little one (5yo, size 5-6) wore a poofy tulle dress, and the older one (9 going on 17 (size 12-14) wore a tiered but not poofy silk dress.i tied them together by adding the same sash to both in the color of my bridesmaid dresses (blush)

• Melinda
    Devoted May 2017
    Melinda ·

Best website for flower girl dresses

• Tricia
    Savvy October 2017
    Tricia ·

Thanks for all of the great ideas! Most bridal shops only offer flower girl dresses up to size 14 woth the exception of Alfred Angelo. It's a little pricey but range from little girls up to size 16.

• Che
    Super June 2017
    Che ·

I got my Flower girl size 16 from a kids store call "Cookies" they also have a website if there's not one in your area

• LaKesha
    Super May 2017
    LaKesha ·

Try Amazon

Comment on this discussion