sabrina
Savvy September 2016

Flower Arrangements On A Budget. Real or fake?

sabrina, on February 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 38
Saved Save

What's the most cost efficient way to approach FLOWERS? From the bouquets to the centerpieces? Real or fake? I priced real touch flowers at hobby lobby. Although they are quite realistic, and very pretty, I think the price per flower will end up quite costly! We splurged a little on our venue because we saved so much in other areas, but with the budget dwindling away, I am a bit worried about one of the most important things for the wedding .. FLOWERS!

38 Comments

• Lauren
    Super June 2016
    Lauren ·

Call up a few florists and get quotes. In-season flowers will be cheaper.

• FutureMrsK
    Super December 2017
    FutureMrsK ·

You can get silk flowers for a reasonable price

• I'm Mrs Shuey
    VIP September 2016
    I'm Mrs Shuey ·

We are ordering the flowers for our centerpieces through Sam's Club in bulk and will be assembling them ourselves. They are very simple arrangements...just sunflowers and baby's breath. We can easily handle this without any issues and are saving a lot of money doing it this way. Our bridal party flowers will be done by a florist...we know our limits.

• N
    Super October 2015
    None ·

My friend did flowers from Sam's Club and they were beautiful!

Also, you don't HAVE to have flower centerpieces. If you want flowers for wedding party and non floral centers, that can be a big savings!

• N
    Super October 2015
    None ·

My friend did flowers from Sam's Club and they were beautiful!

Also, you don't HAVE to have flower centerpieces. If you want flowers for wedding party and non floral centers, that can be a big savings!

• Nancy
    Dedicated August 2016
    Nancy ·

Kind of the same thing happened w/ me where we left flowers for last and now all of the florists quotes are WAY out of our budget.... I ordered hydrangeas w/ my local florist and I'll be setting them up and buying the vases on my own..

• BicycleBuiltForTwo
    Master September 2016
    BicycleBuiltForTwo ·

We did in season though a flower farm, so all flowers being used are grown on site. Wildflowers are another option that would be cost effective. Or you could always do non-floral centerpieces.

• sabrina
    Savvy September 2016
    sabrina ·

Thanks for the input! I hadn't considered Sam's!

• Private_User804
    Master November 2016
    Private_User804 ·

I originally thought I'd save money with silk flowers...nope. Not even if I can sell them on. Instead we're borrowing non-floral materials from friends for decor, and buying from the grocery store for simple BM bouquets. Our only real splurges will be on the bride's bouquet and some tulle and silk garlands for the ceremony arch, probably 300 for those and BM bouquets.

• MrsA
    Master October 2015
    MrsA ·

I orderd 200 stems of babys breath for $200 dollars and used flowers from the grocery store I bought on Thursday, assembled Friday and were perfect on Saturday.

Here is what 200 stems of BB looks like

• MrsA
    Master October 2015
    MrsA ·

Here are the grocery store flowers and some of the small vases I did.

• Formal Pajamas
    Master September 2017
    Formal Pajamas ·

My florist offers low centerpieces starting at $65, but the bridal bouquet starts at $230, so I'm DIYing it. I am planning on having brooch and SOLA bouquets, skipping the bouts for the men, and using LOTS of greenery and in-season flowers for low centerpieces and decor. If people are going to be close to it and (probably) touch it, I want it to be real, but I also love the look of brooch and SOLA bouquets, so I'll be doing those for myself and the BP. It should cut down costs by quite a bit.

• Formal Pajamas
    Master September 2017
    Formal Pajamas ·

Also, Welcome to WW! If you change your avatar from the rings you will likely get more responses, as the rings are associated with spam and trolls.

• Wendy
    Expert June 2016
    Wendy ·

Sam's or Costco is a good option. I'm using Safeway. The florist at my Safeway came highly recommended. She is doing my bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 8 bouts, 2 corsages, and 8 centerpieces for $850. I'm going to have her add some boxes of petals for the aisle and on table tops too. Those are $10/each. We are using mostly hydrangeas for the centerpieces as well as roses and then other fillers.

• sabrina
    Savvy September 2016
    sabrina ·

I wish there was a Costco in my area! I've never even been to one. After reading these responses, I will definitely be looking into Sam's.

• Rece
    Dedicated September 2016
    Rece ·

First off...Twin Dates !!

We are using Sam's for our flowers. I have watched so many DIY videos on YouTube to help me with how to make the centerpieces.

• Jenny
    VIP December 2016
    Jenny ·

I've been looking at flower options for what seems like forever. Anything from a florist to making my own out of coffee filters (which I still love). I've found the most bang for the buck to be costco. I'm getting a bunch of these and using them for everything. 24 of these bouquets are just over $250.

• UrawizardHarry
    Devoted September 2016
    UrawizardHarry ·

We plant flowers in our garden every spring so this year we're consciously picking flowers and greenery that we want for the wedding and then growing our own flowers/putting together the bouquets ourselves.

• MrsBurns
    Expert June 2016
    MrsBurns ·

My fiance's aunt is doing all of our floral decorations. We are going to go to a floral outlet in Tampa,FL and go from there.

• SoontobeMrsRivas
    Super December 2016
    SoontobeMrsRivas ·

Costco, sams club. Diy

Comment on this discussion