We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

2BRIDES2015
Expert March 2015

Florida Photographers/Photo Booth

2BRIDES2015, on October 30, 2014 at 3:10 AM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save

Hi everyone,

I am very curious about pricing for photographers here in South Florida.

I am paying 1200 for my photographer and his services include:

Up to 10 hours of HD video coverage

One Photographer

Edited photos

Engagement Photo Session

Completion Schedule: Film developing, CD creation, prints, video, albums and shipping may take up to 10 weeks.

ETA: How many photographers will you have ? My wedding is for a 80-100 people. Are you having a photo booth ? Or making a DIY photo booth ?

19 Comments

• Natasha
    Dedicated May 2015
    Natasha ·
    • Flag

I'm in St. Augustine (northern Florida) and I ended up hiring a photographer from Jacksonville. He is a professional photographer and his 10hr base coverage is $700. But everything else is an add on. The USB of the wedding pics is $500 and any digital enhancements are extra. For example to enhance 20 photos is $400. And of course if you want a professional glossy album it's a lot of $$. So your photographer sounds reasonable for FL.

I did a lot of shopping around before I hired mine. There are way to many people out there with fancy cameras that call themselves photographers and have no training or professional credentials. FH and I did not want to spend all that money on someone who wasn't BBB accredited or did not have a professional license.

Find out how much your photographer charges for professional enhancements.

• Natasha
    Dedicated May 2015
    Natasha ·
    • Flag

I'm in St. Augustine (northern Florida) and I ended up hiring a photographer from Jacksonville. He is a professional photographer and his 10hr base coverage is $700. But everything else is an add on. The USB of the wedding pics is $500 and any digital enhancements are extra. For example to enhance 20 photos is $400. And of course if you want a professional glossy album it's a lot of $$. So your photographer sounds reasonable for FL.

I did a lot of shopping around before I hired mine. There are way to many people out there with fancy cameras that call themselves photographers and have no training or professional credentials. FH and I did not want to spend all that money on someone who wasn't BBB accredited or did not have a professional license.

Find out how much your photographer charges for professional enhancements.

• 2BRIDES2015
    Expert March 2015
    2BRIDES2015 ·
    • Flag

@Natasha that is awesome! I did forget to add that he will edit all photos as well and our engagement shoot was included.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

Not in florida, but Michigan and I think your pricing sounds great! We are paying $1800 for our photog:

-Epix session (lasted about SEVEN hours!) with a disc of ALL images, edited

-$400 towards our wedding album

-RD coverage

-unlimited shots the day of the wedding

-Second shooter

-Disc with all edited images taken the day of

-All day coverage starting when the girls start getting read (around 9 most likely) and till the end of the reception

We will be having a photo booth and the company I found that I like is $650 for 6 hours with unlimited copies/print (so EVERYONE in the shot gets a copy), props, scrapbook with copies for us...this was really important to me to have

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

I'm paying $3000 for my photographer out of south Florida. She's from Boca. I'm getting all day coverage, about 800 photos, 2 shooters, engagement pics, a budoir or bridal shoot, and a $250 photo credit to go towards album pictures. And she's amaaaaazing.

• 2BRIDES2015
    Expert March 2015
    2BRIDES2015 ·
    • Flag

@Maltese- that's really gold for your photo booth I am really interested in one but its 595 for 2 hours. I'm not sure if I still want it now. What kind of photo booth is yours because that is awesome for the price.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I can't find any photos of it but it holds about 10-12 people is enclosed with an external monitor on the outside so others outside of the booth can see also that has a curtained entry.

I spent forever on Google and wedding wire searching for one that had good reviews, was less than $1k (which a lot that I liked were) or were more than 4 hours. I wanted the booth available the entire duration of the wedding to capture all the late night drunk photos and definitely did not want it to be set up/broken down during the reception. I'm sure you can find a reasonably price one, it just may take some leg work

• 2BRIDES2015
    Expert March 2015
    2BRIDES2015 ·
    • Flag

KirstenMichelle for what your paying for the price is right !

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

I thought so too! And bonus is that I don't have to pay her any travel fees for her trip up to north FL for the wedding

• Rachel DellaPorte
    May 2020
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

2Brides2015...Am I reading that correctly? You're getting 10 hours of videography and standard photography for $1200? I'd say you really scored.

• L + R
    Master September 2014
    L + R ·
    • Flag

I paid $750 for my photographer in Pensacola for 4 hours. I also received a $75 print credit.

• 2BRIDES2015
    Expert March 2015
    2BRIDES2015 ·
    • Flag

So everyone I knew it was just too good to be true. So I went over the photography contract and where it said 10 hours of HD video was a typo and I'm so upset because I was really excited for nothing. We've already signed the contract should I say well in the contract that's what it said therefore that's what we should get ?? I am very upset right now because he does only photos so I would have to look for someone who does videography....... Blah blah blah

• 2BRIDES2015
    Expert March 2015
    2BRIDES2015 ·
    • Flag

I noticed you ladies are saying that you received print credit he is giving us a USB with all photos so we can take anywhere to print out is that the same thing you guys mean ?

• L + R
    Master September 2014
    L + R ·
    • Flag

How do you know it was a typo? Can you post a picture of it? I just don't understand how you can get 10 hours of HD Video coverage out of a typo unless he specifically said, "No, sorry that was a typo."

ETA: Print credit is where they allow you to have X amount of $ to spend on their website for prints.

• 2BRIDES2015
    Expert March 2015
    2BRIDES2015 ·
    • Flag

Here is what it says. Did I read it wrong ?

• FutureMrsPrada
    VIP April 2015
    FutureMrsPrada ·
    • Flag

Hmm that's kinda tricky, UP TO for me means IF you were planning on using it, the max would be 10 hours. Call and ask.

• Emily & Rob
    Dedicated November 2015
    Emily & Rob ·
    • Flag

I'm using Dream Light Visuals (he's out of Miami) www.dreamlightvisuals.com. His pricing has changed since I booked but my contract is for:

-Wedding PHOTOGRAPHY coverage for 10 hours

-Two Photographers

-Wedding Ceremony & Reception

-4 High Quality CD’s with all portraits

-Up to 1000 High Quality Prints

-Photo Album

-Wedding VIDEO Coverage for 10 Hours

-Two Videographers

-HD-DSLR Film Cameras & Lenses

-Wedding Shot In High Definition

-Editing Of Ceremony + Reception Video (45-90 minutes)

-Film Style Wedding Highlight (up to 5 minutes)

-2 High Def. DVD’S

-DVD Art Work/Case Photo Cover

For a total of $2800. I own the rights to all my pictures and video and the pics I get do NOT have his logo on them so I can print them wherever and however I want.

I haven't signed a contract for a photo booth yet but I am in negotiations with Florida Keys Photo Booth for an open air photo booth - 2 hours for $500, unlimited prints, scrapbook for guests to sign, USB with all pictures, props and consultation prior to the event.

• Brisa
    Savvy November 2015
    Brisa ·
    • Flag

Complete Events Fort Lauderdale. Just got my package of 5 hours Videography, photography, Dj/Mc with lighting, room lighting (12), photo booth- a bit over 2700 with taxes. His office is really nice, showed me a bunch of options, they've been super professional and courteous so far. You got an awesome deal! Happy planning!!!

• FutureMrsPrada
    VIP April 2015
    FutureMrsPrada ·
    • Flag

I second brisa!!!! I'm actually using them too! I got them during a special so instead I'm paying $1700. Oh, minus the Photobooth though. But they had a recent special for $400.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles