Terra
Expert September 2020

First Venue Tour!

Terra, on March 19, 2019 at 3:04 AM Posted in Planning 0 2
Saved Save

Aaaaahhh! We're going to tour our first venue tomorrow morning (well, technically today, because it's 2am and I can't sleep). I'm kind of freaking out about it. This is actually our second-choice venue (just based on internet info) but schedules ended up clashing so we're touring them first. It's a restaurant that rents out private rooms for events, so we'd actually only pay $500 for the space, it's just a hefty food minimum because the restaurant itself isn't cheap. I've got a Google Doc of questions to ask, and I feeeel like I've covered all of my bases, but I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking. They already confirmed that we can exchange vows in the same room we're renting, so that's out of the way. Can any of you think of something I'm not? All the questions are geared towards this specific venue, so of course I left out stuff about preferred vendors, etc.

What is the fee?

What is included in that fee?

How many hours does this include?

Is set up/tear down our responsibility?

If so, what time is allotted for set up/tear down?

Can I see the table/linen/chairs provided?

What is the situation for guest parking?

Would there be signage to direct guests to my wedding?

Are there any associated hotels with deals for guests?

What decor restrictions are there?

What are the available technologies (speakers, mics, etc)? Are they additional costs?

Do I need to get any permits, insurance, or security for the wedding?

Can I bring in cake from an outside vendor?

Is there a cake cutting fee? Are we required to provide cake cutting utensils?

Can I bring in my own wine/beer/champagne?

What’s the price difference between a buffet and a sit down meal?

Do you do food tastings and is there an extra charge for this?

How much is the deposit?

When is the balance due?

What forms of payment do you take?

What is your cancellation policy?

Is there a discount if we pay in full?

2 Comments

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·

These questions seem great! You also may want to ask if gratuity for your servers is included in the total price or if you will have to add it on yourself.

Hope you have a great time! Post pictures!!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Hey Terra! Going on a venue visit can be so much fun, make sure that you enjoy the experience and really get to take in the atmosphere of the venue!

You really seem to have everything covered with your questions, you seem to be really prepared which is great! Maybe take a pen and paper so that you can jot down any additional questions you have while you’re there so you can ask at the end of your tour.

Also, make sure you mention that you will contact them with any other questions in the next few days. It will ease your mind that you can get in contact with them if you think of more questions on the drive home!

Comment on this discussion