Clara
Devoted May 2014

Fine thin hair-ideas?? What are you doing/did you do?

Clara, on April 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved Save

My hair is medium length a little past my collar bone. Problem is my hair is so fine and thin that it doesn't hold any style-that I try anyway. My hair trial is this Saturday. Anyone else have hair like this? What are you doing with it?

16 Comments

• Becky
    Super September 2014
    Becky ·

My hair is like that also, but just a little shorter. My trial isn't until July, but I've sent my hair lady a picture I finally found that i like & she thinks my hair will do it ok. Honestly though, an updo would probably be better, I just don't like my hair when it's all up...my head is a funny shape

• Clara
    Devoted May 2014
    Clara ·

I'm definitely doing an up do because my dress has a pretty back. For that reason I'm also not wearing a veil just a flower clip. I sent my hair dresser some up do ideas she said she might have some tricks to deal with my annoying hair

• Jackie
    Super April 2014
    Jackie ·

My hair used to be thick... then it started thinning out. I bought some detangler spray so every time I got out of the shower I would use this... and then I got a "wet brush". I got both from Planet Beauty. I realized my brush was bad and was making my hair tear and threw it out. Now my hair is growing back. There are also shampoos that help with thinning hair they sell there too.

• Clara
    Devoted May 2014
    Clara ·

I wish something like that would help! Unfortunetly my hair is not thinning, it's just always been and always will be thin, fine and boring haha

• Jackie
    Super April 2014
    Jackie ·

I would consider extensions for the wedding day. They look amazing... my son's daycare lady has em and I am jealous LOL!

• Calcat
    Devoted July 2014
    Calcat ·

I have thin hair, but it's not long enough for an up-do. I got a metal comb with pearls and my hairdresser said she'll be able to make it work with a lot of backcombing.

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

I am in the same boat and I am hoping to pull something like this off. My hair is almost to my bra strap so its a little longer than yours. Maybe you can do something sweeping to this side like this?

• Ashley
    Super February 2015
    Ashley ·

Exact same hair! My hairstylist said not to worry about growing it out and she will make an updo work and last for me so I'm hoping she's right!

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

Extensions. I bought them at Sally's for about $50 and then another 5 for the clips. My FMIL sewed them on for me. I have fine hair, but apparently there's a lot of it. Regardless, my hair is usually flat. My stylist used maybe 4 or 5 extensions, but it gave me the fullness I was looking for. Honestly, it was almost too big.

Oh, and choose a style with a bump on top. A good stylist can tease the heck out of your hair and make it huge!

• Carrie
    Savvy March 2014
    Carrie ·

I did extensions as well. I ended up only using one big one but it helped add some fullness.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·

My sister has crazy fine, stick straight hair and her hair held this style all day (and night)

• A&G
    Master August 2014
    A&G ·

I also have super thin, super straight hair. It really bothers me some days.

I went and got my hair permed. I went 6 months before the wedding so that the curls have relaxed out and now my hair just has the thinkness to it. Not sure why or how, but perms make my thin hair act like it's thicker.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·

I have baby fine hair. My stylist is amazing and knows this and has known it since I was 12. She can make curls stay for DAYS in my hair with a special thermal hair spray (I think it activates/holds when a curling/heat source is applied to your hair). I second Chrissy, the "bump" styles help immensely.

• M
    Master May 2014
    MizizAngi ·

Mine is the same - baby fine. A good stylist should be able to make it work. Here are my trial pics:

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·

I started taking Prenatal Vitamins about a month ago and I've noticed a difference! My hair feels thicker and it's definitely growing faster.

www.amazon.com/Nature-Made-Prenatal-Vitamin-250-Count/dp/B001F1G6SI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398272248&sr=8-2&keywords=prenatal+vitamins

• FutureMrsMC
    VIP October 2014
    FutureMrsMC ·

Clara - same here - when i was younger had thick hair - then because of arthritis and a lot of meds - hair has thinned out alot....so i got talked into purchasing extensions - best decision ever --- using them for volume - i was scared that they were gonna be seen since my hair is thin but my stylist had them incorporated in minutes and all curled and styled up....i was blown away!

Comment on this discussion