We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

MrsKristenS
Master August 2016

FINALLY! My August Pro Ba-ba-BAM! *Pic heavy*

MrsKristenS, on November 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM Posted in Planning 0 55
Saved Save

So, I was a 5-star user and super active up until my wedding 2.5 months ago, but I've fallen off a little since then. But, we finally have (almost) all of my pro photos back, so I want to post my BAM!

We got married August 20th in Kalamazoo, MI. It stormed (like tornado, raining sideways) stormed from 8 AM to 4 PM on our wedding day. Timelines changed, pictures moved indoors, but we got married and it was beautiful! It cleared up in time for our 5 PM ceremony, and we got photos outside! Don't let the weather bring you down... you'll be married and it will work out! Promise Smiley smile

More Advice with photos...

Getting ready: Always always always give yourself extra time. And, don't go dead last to get your hair and make-up done. I had one makeup artist and 2 hair stylists and 7 people (including me) to get done. We started at 7:30 AM and finished at 1:15 PM. I went last for my hair and it was the most stressful part of the day. I'd recommend going second or third to last.

55 Comments

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

We booked the hospitality room and a honeymoon suite at the hotel downtown for my bridesmaids, myself, and my mom and MIL to get ready in. It was the BEST decision to have everyone come to us and not have to move anywhere. We made the mess in the hospitality room then moved to the suite for photos (which was clean).

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Some detail photos!

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

After we took some robe photos with my lovely bridesmaids, my mom and I got dressed and I took some portraits in the suite.

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

I saw my dad (which had to be moved in doors) then we took a few more shots before the first look

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Some pictures of DH and his groomsmen before he met me at our first look!

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

We LOVED the first look- with the weather being so crappy, I really needed some time with DH to calm down and regroup. We had our first look in the restaurant where we had our first blind date- they opened early just for us! It was super sweet.

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Ok- so then we jumped on the party bus and went to the chapel with our bridal party (change of plans due to weather) BUT it cleared up and we got some great pictures!

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Some more Smiley smile

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Now- ceremony time (I need to cut down on the pictures haha)- we got 700 and they turned out so good- too hard to choose!

The ceremony went perfectly! On time and the sun came out when we said, "I Do." It was magical.

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Some more!

• CJ
    VIP May 2018
    CJ ·
    • Flag

So beautiful!!! Congrats!

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

After the ceremony...

• Stacy
    Super October 2017
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

Everything is Beautiful!!! Congratulations! !

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Alright, let me get through this! Smiley smile

We took a few more portraits following the ceremony, rode around on our party bus, then hit the reception. All in all, it was a flawless day. I'm so glad we didn't do any DIYs because it kept the stress to a minimum. The food was excellent, the DJ was phenomenal, amd our guests drank 6K worth of booze (aka it was A BLAST). Here are the rest of my favorites!

• Natasha
    VIP January 2017
    Natasha ·
    • Flag

Beautiful pictures!

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

More

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

More and more

• Paige
    VIP March 2017
    Paige ·
    • Flag

That looks like a beautiful and super fun wedding! Congratulations!!

• Katherine
    VIP June 2017
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

So gorgeous! Congratulations!

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Phew. I'll stop now Smiley smile

ENJOY THE DAY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. Take a moment and soak it in- it goes by so so fast, and I wish I could relive it everyday. Every penny we spent was totally worth it. There's something to be said about having 150 of your family and friends in one space.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles