southerngirl
Super December 2009

Finally Got Wedding Photos Ready

southerngirl, on January 30, 2010 at 3:10 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save

It's been just over a month and we finally made it through all the wedding photos. I've made a few different inspiration boards so showcase some of the pictures. Enjoy!

24 Comments

• Mrs. Carmen
    Master September 2010
    Mrs. Carmen ·
    • Flag

Ooh! Everything is so pretty. Yay! Congrats again.

• arlala555
    VIP May 2010
    arlala555 ·
    • Flag

Your absolutely glowing! Congrats that everything went great!

I was wondering where did you get letters for the cake? I love them!

• At Last!!!!!
    Super July 2011
    At Last!!!!! ·
    • Flag

Beautiful!

• Laura
    Master May 2009
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Oooh I've been waiting for your pics! WOWZA!!! It all came out so great!! I LOVE your bouquets, LOVE LOVE the hot red shoes, your hair and makeup came out beautiful in a soft, natural way, the BM dresses are too cute and I love that you had each in a different style with the knee length, overall GREAT JOB Married lady!!

• L
    VIP October 2010
    loveat1stsite ·
    • Flag

I loved the "first look" photos. Thanks for sharing!

• DreamComeTrue
    Master June 2011
    DreamComeTrue ·
    • Flag

You looked amazing in your dress and the shoes...wow!!!! Everything looks great...congrats Smiley winking

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

I found the monogram letters on eBay. I think it was a vendor from Hong Kong. They had a few different styles of lettering but only in silver so I just painted them myself with some gold foil paint I already had.

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

Each bridesmaid and myself made their own bouquet and then my brother conquered all the guys flowers except I did Michael's myself. I did my own hair and makeup too after getting tips from a hairstylist and makeup artist. I let each BM pick their own dresses. I wish the one wasn't quite so short but it wasn't too big a deal to me if she was comfortable in it (hose would have been nice too, but oh well). I was very happy with how the dress looked in the photos--this is the one I got from China. I will be cleaning it up soon and selling it to another lucky bride looking for a good deal.

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

I've already worn the shoes a few times since the wedding but at 3 inches they aren't your everyday kind of shoes.

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

I was really happy to have done the first look photos just to have a few minutes of happiness with my husband during the busyness of the morning. I think the photographer did a nice job capturing the emotions. There is a whole series of us smiling at each other and then kissing and then smiling and then kissing and so on. We have TONS of kissing photos because my PDA-shy guy was too happy to care that day.

• M
    VIP July 2010
    MNBride2010 ·
    • Flag

Gorgeous! and i LOVE the red shoes popping out from under the dress Smiley smile I'm hoping to have purple ones to go w/my colors. I think colored shoes are so much more fun than white/silver ones! Looks and sounds like you had an amazing wedding. so happy for you, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

• weliz
    Super October 2009
    weliz ·
    • Flag

Congratulations, Southerngirl! I love your photos, you looked wonderful, and so happy! It looks like you had a wonderful day. :-)

• wonderful moment
    Master March 2010
    wonderful moment ·
    • Flag

You look great. Love the shoes too. Congrats!! All of DC,MD, & VA brides need to get together soon. Maybe in April or May sometime.

• Whitni
    VIP June 2010
    Whitni ·
    • Flag

You look amazing Smiley smile great pics!! congrats

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

Yes, another DC/MD/VA happy hour would be fun.

• Gidge22
    Super April 2010
    Gidge22 ·
    • Flag

Your photos are amazing!! And you truly look stunning!!! Everything turned out so beautifully and the church looked so nice decorated for Christmas! Thanks so much for sharing! Congrats Southern!!! =)

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

Awe Southerngirl! The pictures are great! And the vivid red colors looked awesome! I really enjoyed the first look photos! I bet that's a moment you will never forget! But the pics really show his excitement!

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

Konichiwa,

I can't believe how fast you got your photos put up here. I just had so much to do after getting back from the honeymoon (all the Christmas stuff that was still around) that it took me two weeks before I could get unburied enough to look at all the photos.

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

All the Christmas decorations sure were amazing. I had no idea what the church would look like until we went for the Christmas Eve service. What a shock at how pretty it was! I started to second guess my color choices since so many people were picking blues and purples and silvers and whites as the trendier color choices for winter weddings, but after seeing all the decorations at the church and reception site I was happy to have the traditional reds and golds. The pop of color was nice and the blues and purples would have clashed with everything else.

• yadayada
    Master October 2009
    yadayada ·
    • Flag

Southerngirl, Congratulations on a beautiful wedding! Love your dress, the colors, the cake, the decorations! Everything looked awesome.

Comment on this discussion