TheOGJesse's Girl
Master March 2014

Finally!!! Back and Married (long... pics too!)

TheOGJesse's Girl, on March 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 124
Saved Save

Well, I am finally BACK and married! If you follow me on IG, you've already seen a few pics. If you don't follow me, but want to look it up, the hashtag is #katiejesse2014. This is going to be a long post so you won't hurt my feelings if you just look at the pics that will be in the response and don't want to read it all, lol.

Anyway, the day was AMAZING. I know I went on and on about how DH and I are NOT public emotional people, but we both teared up.

Before the ceremony started, I did a first look with my dad. When he teared up, I couldn't help but cry. I mean, it's my daddy, lol I was all fine until the song "All of Me" started playing and the BP was walking down the aisle. I was left alone in the bridal suite and I could see it all unfolding and hear it, but no one could see me. It was an awesome moment for me to really just pray and give thanks for all my blessings and all the moments that led to that one big day. (continued in posts)

124 Comments

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

So, if y'all remember, I had two flower girls that are both 2 years old. I didn't see it, but I hear it was HILARIOUS watching them walk down the aisle. One did fabulously. The other ran up and down the aisle multiple times and had to be carried off by her mom (the MOH), lol. The ring bearer was correcting her on how the flowers are supposed to go too, so I am sure they stole the show!

I thought I was going to be nervous when walking down the aisle, but I was so excited to see Jesse and I forgot about all the people there when I saw him. We had an awesome ceremony! Short, sweet, and to the point, lol. The best man was completely wasted the entire time, but oh well.

Pictures after the ceremony didn't go as quickly as I'd have liked because people just don't listen and wander off.

I cried again (there will be a pic later of my ugly cry face, lol) when I danced with my daddy because he told me some really awesome things. He told me he's really proud of me and that I made a good choice and that I'm a good mom. Nice to hear Smiley smile

I ended up not even eating at all. So my advice, go for a longer reception. 3 hours isn't enough!!!

Also, if you're worrying about kids, I have to say, don't worry so much! The kids that did end up going had an absolute blast. I had alcohol at my wedding and there were no problems. Actually, most people didn't bring their kids because they wanted a night out without them. So, just a thought.

My MIL actually ended up being ok. She had a "fuck you" face on during the ceremony, but I didn't care one bit. Afterwards, though, she came and danced with me and agreed to let it all go. We'll see, lol.

We left and continued the party in downtown Baton Rouge and had a pretty awesome time. We had to leave EARLY the next morning for our honeymoon, so we barely got any sleep, but it was worth it.

Ok, next up are pictures!

1. My MOH and me prior to the ceremony

2.My HUSBAND and me - our first dance

3. My daddy and me dancing to "The Wind Beneath My wings"

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

1. HAHAHA the ugly cry face!

2. My daughter wanted to dance with me to the song "Story of my Life" by One Direction. I love that little girl with all I have in me.

3. Cake! Cake! Cake!!! Y'all, my cake was freaking gorgeous and tasted SOOOO GOOD!!!!!

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

1. And then it was time to drop it low!!!! Our DJ was AMAZING!!!! I am going to send him an awesome gift and make sure he has great reviews on the company site!!!!

2. This was us as we were leaving. I wasn't crazy about having bubbles, but eh, whatever, lol.

3. My daddy walking me down the aisle.

• Shaquaya
    VIP April 2014
    Shaquaya ·
    • Flag

We've all been waiting! I actually read it all too lol. Sounds like u had a wonderful ceremony and u looked beautiful just as I expected! I'll wait for more pics...Congratulations!!!!!!

ETA: that drop it low pic has me dying LOL get it girl!!!!

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

1. The second line was a hit!!!! Loved it!

• Mrs Wilson
    VIP May 2014
    Mrs Wilson ·
    • Flag

Awww im so happy for you! Your wedding looked like a blast. You guys look so happy, congratulations!

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Sounds like you had an absolutely beautiful day. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Allyson
    Master May 2014
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

I'm glad everything went so well! I've been waiting for your post and then the additional info in the comments! Beautiful pictures and a beautiful day!

• Chelsea
    Super August 2014
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

Its looks beautiful! So happy it was everything you wanted it to be!! Smiley smile

• Marisa-in-Love
    Master July 2014
    Marisa-in-Love ·
    • Flag

Beautiful! JG, I LOVE the picture of you and your daughter. I just teared up at work!

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·
    • Flag

Congrats! Beautiful pictures!

• Nel
    VIP May 2014
    Nel ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! You looked beautiful :-)

• LG
    Master October 2014
    LG ·
    • Flag

Sounds like it was a beautiful wedding! Congratulations!

• Cicely
    Dedicated March 2014
    Cicely ·
    • Flag

Congrats, so happy to hear that all was everything you dreamed it would be, great pics.

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

Oh, more pics!!! !

1. The table setting

2. Beautiful BM bouquets

3. Our CAKE!!!!

• Tricia
    Expert April 2014
    Tricia ·
    • Flag

Sounds awesome! So happy for you!

• ForeverMrsBailey
    Devoted September 2014
    ForeverMrsBailey ·
    • Flag

Nice! Congrats!

• Mrs*Smalley
    Expert March 2014
    Mrs*Smalley ·
    • Flag

Very beautiful. Congratulations!

• Chantel
    Master May 2014
    Chantel ·
    • Flag

I read it all, i got on today just to see your post cause i just kbew today was the day! Lol congratulations, you looked beautiful and happy. It gave me the boost i need because im ready to just elope at this point.

• MnDex
    VIP October 2014
    MnDex ·
    • Flag

CONGRATS Katie & Jesse!!! Looks like it was an absolutely AWESOME time!! So pleased for you!! Thanks for sharing those awesome pics!! Congrats again!!! :-D

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics